Website KBR, Inc.
This listing is about KBR Inc in Moor Row, England, United Kingdom
About the job
The Programme and Project Partners (PPP) is an exciting model to work in. Four world class organisations have come together as one team, with Sellafield Ltd, to create a clean and safe environment for future generations.
PPP is set to revolutionise project delivery at Sellafield and create a lasting legacy, through long-term partnerships.
The Sellafield nuclear site is home to one of the most complex portfolios of construction and infrastructure projects in the world, stretching over many decades.
The new approach will support the transformation from nuclear operator into a world leader in environmental remediation.
The Partnership Is Made Up Of Four Lots And Sellafield Ltd, As 5th Partner, To Help Deliver The Site’s Decommissioning Programme
- Kellogg Brown and Root Ltd (KBR) – integration partner
- Jacobs – design and engineering partner
- Morgan Sindall Infrastructure – civils construction management partner
- Doosan Babcock Ltd – process construction management partner
Sellafield Ltd will work collaboratively with the four lot partners, to deliver major projects in support of the site’s 100-year decommissioning programme.
The new approach is set up to support faster, more effective project delivery, stability in design and construction supply chains, greater workforce flexibility, and local economic benefit.
Not only do we have an important national purpose at the heart of what we do, we get to do our work in two brilliant locations in the North of England.
We have one site in Whitehaven that is on the beautiful Cumbrian coast with easy access to the fells and Lake District. Our other base is Warrington, vibrant and ideally located between Liverpool and Manchester.
Now is your chance to be part of this vital work, a once-in-a-career opportunity, in the role of Learning from Experience (LFE Manager)
The PPP LFE Manager is the lead person for strategy, processes and systems associated with obtaining learning and transferring that learning for the benefit of Major Project Delivery, and / or the PPP Critical Success Factors (CSF’s) and Success Factors. Learning may be derived from PPP Major Project Delivery, Sellafield Ltd (SL) Major Project and Operational Delivery, wider Construction Industry and ‘other’ industry good practice.
- Develops the learning strategy, supporting processes, tools, systems and programme for LFE.
- Instils a learning culture throughout PPP which supports strategy delivery.
- Provides the training required to deliver the strategy.
- Delivers the strategy and programme.
- Measures the benefits realised from implementing learning.
- Seeks feedback to continually improve strategy, processes, tools and systems.
- Ensures knowledge obtained from LFE is maintained for future deployment.
Principal Responsibilities And Accountabilities
- Identifies interested parties for LFE and develops relationships.
- Understands the needs and expectations of interested parties.
- Determines risks and opportunities associated with meeting the expectations of interested parties.
- Develops an LFE Strategy which meets the requirements of the Contract and the Aligned Incentives Agreement (AIA), and which aims to meet the needs and expectations of interested parties.
- Maintains the Collaborative Management Plan (CMP): LFE Plan though regular review and update, ensuring compliance with and applicable Sellafield Ltd Management System (SLMS) requirements.
- Communicates the CMP: LFE Plan to interested parties.
- Implements the strategy in accordance with programme and applies LFE process to obtain learning throughout PPP Major Project Delivery lifecycle (from Concept Design phase through to Handover), utilising Project LFE Coordinators as applicable.
- Facilitates LFE workshops as required by programme / schedule.
- Obtains relevant learning from the PPP Supply Chain including but not limited to construction, off-site manufacturing and installation.
- Obtains relevant learning from wider Sellafield Ltd (SL) Major Project and Operational Delivery by representing PPP at forums, communities of best practice and the project delivery learning committee.
- Obtains relevant learning from wider Construction Industry and ‘other’ Industries.
- Provides the mechanism / tools to analyse learning and prioritise for implementation within PPP Major Projects and possibly for the benefit of the wider SL.
- Provides tools and training to identify root cause where mistakes have been made.
- Undertakes assurance where PPP Project Aligned Delivery Team (ADT) members have responsibilities through CMP arrangements.
- From time to time, may be required to support or lead investigations.
- Provide reports and presentations as required for the PPP Lead Team, the PPP Management Board the PPP Intelligent Client and the PPP Executive Board (not exhaustive).
- Works with the PPP Benefits Realisation Team to measure the benefits of improvements through implementation of LFE.
- Ensures PPP delivery arrangements and the SLMS are improved and updated to reflect implementation of learning, where applicable.
- Works with the Information Technology team to provide systems for transfer of knowledge associated with LFE, knowledge retention, retrieval and future use.
Company: KBR, Inc.
Job Location: Moor Row, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com