Kin Carta Europe Jobs as Lead Delivery Manager at Edinburgh,Scotland,UnitedKingdom 2022
Website Kin Carta Europe
This Job Listing is about Kin Carta Europe in Edinburgh,Scotland,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Want to help build a world that works better for everyone? Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy that makes a difference to the billions who now work, play, shop, communicate and share online.
Join a global team of curious and diverse minds in connecting people, data and technology to produce amazing experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. Become a maker, builder or creator as we explore the possibilities of sustainable digital technology, helping clients to rapidly innovate, modernise their systems, enable their teams, and optimise for continued growth.
We focus on tech but we’re a proudly inclusive business with trust and human connection at its heart. People, the planet, and profit matter equally to us which is why we’re a certified B Corporation in the United States and Europe.
The Role in a nutshell:
Here at Kin + Carta we are growing our team of highly skilled Delivery Managers. This role comprises a mix of Agile coaching, project management and client management. Our Delivery Managers work with our expert in-house teams of developers, designers and test engineers to deliver innovative, high-quality software and operational change. It will be your responsibility to give the team the best possible opportunity to succeed in a variety of environments.
We are looking for people who have successfully led the agile delivery of complex and varied software projects or programmes owning, driving & optimising delivery and we’d love to speak to you if you have excellent communication skills paired with the experience and knowledge to work in partnership with key senior stakeholders to provide delivery progress updates and drive forward improvement strategies to the wider delivery programme of work you are part of.
What you can expect:
As a Lead Delivery Manager at Kin + Carta you will be responsible for first and foremost for independently taking ownership of your project or programme’s delivery plan and consistently visualising and radiating information for the team and client to ensure transparency. You’ll own the team’s processes, ensuring agile approaches are pragmatically adopted and maintained whilst coaching and mentoring team members and clients to enhance agility. Driving quality and continuous improvement will be central to everything you do and you’ll be skilled at using various tools and techniques to identify where improvements can be made. You will be an expert in utilising data and metrics to track and forecast delivery, use it to manage expectations and highlight areas of inefficiency. You’ll be joining a psychological safe culture and will be committed and passionate about building on that and getting the best from your team.
The type of person we’d love to meet:
- You should have led the agile delivery of complex and varied software projects or programmes, owning, driving & optimising delivery
- An agile mindset with demonstrable experience of multiple agile methods, tools and practices (Scrum, Kanban, Lean etc.) and be able to pragmatically apply and coach them as required
- Experience of defining, refining and continuously improving processes related to project delivery and delivery operations on large programmes of work
- You are able to create bespoke workshops, built around the needs of the stakeholders and the outcomes desired
- You are able to create, and coach on the value of, a positive, psychologically safe team culture and the influence this has on team morale, performance and product quality
- You can identify data gathering opportunities for projects and establish what delivery data needs to be gathered to forecast delivery, help quickly identify efficiencies and make changes to improve project success
- You have senior Stakeholder management skills, creating stakeholder maps and building effective relationships at all levels including C-suite.
- You can recommend a project or programme governance model to clients where this is not in place or not working successfully
- You are comfortable taking the initiative and working with ambiguity, helping K+C deliver software and transform clients’ ways of working in new and better ways
- Excellent clear and concise communication skills both written and verbal
- You are able to identify and manage complex RAIDs effectively across complex environments e.g. programmes/multiple teams. Your knowledge of relevant technical stacks / architecture and processes can help spot risks and opportunities.
- You have leveraged your experience and capabilities to teach, coach and mentor more junior members of your teams to help in up-skilling and maintaining delivery quality standards
- You can proactively and comfortably raise difficult issues with clients, and act as a point of escalation, you can balance competing needs and challenging stakeholder relationships to the mutual benefit of K+C and its clients
- You are able to effectively manage the delivery operations, e.g casting and commercial tracking for multiple large projects or programmes of work. You are able to have productive conversations with respect to budgets.
- You are proactive and confident in identifying new opportunities to extend the influence and reach of K+C within our clients
- You can build roadmaps maps and plans in complex environments and/or programmes of work with many dependencies. You are able to challenge stakeholders on prioritisation decisions and influence the strategic direction of the product
- You can lead the end-to-end definition and elaboration process, translating customer and business outcomes and ideas to development-ready requirements
- Working knowledge of Jira and/or other other software workflow management tools
- Experience growing and developing an internal team, including managing, mentoring and hiring people, and building out and developing the agile delivery craft
Desirable Craft Skills & Knowledge
- Public sector experience and Government Service Standard experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience leading internal organisation level change or improvement initiatives
- Experience of RFIs/RFPs/Pitches with your expertise of delivery for new business opportunities