Website KION Group
This listing is about KION Group in Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
About the job
To provide PLC, HMI, software design, emulation, testing and commissioning within cost and time scale constraints of a project, whilst ensuring the solution meets a customer/design requirements.
As a Senior Controls Engineer you will also provide / lead / manage the design and implementation of controls solutions for automated materials handling systems.What we offer:
- Career Development
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Pay Transparency
- Global Opportunities
Learn More Here: https://www.dematic.com/en-us/about/careers/what-we-offer/
Tasks and Qualifications:
Main Job Objectives
- To produce, emulate and test PLC and HMI software
- To interpret electrical schematics and design input information.
- To produce of all associated documentation including, but not limited to, design calculations, design specifications, Method Statements and Risk Assessments, operation and maintenance manuals, and test specifications.
- To commission controls systems on site and to provide support to system commissioning activities and a training for the end user
- To assist in development of the global Dematic controls standard.
- To lead controls engineering activities related to projects design and implementation
- To lead controls engineering design teams
- Ensure systems designed and supplied are CE Compliant to the Machinery Directive
- Take responsibility for controls budgetary and time restraints on projects
- Provide technical guidance
- To maintain the Dematic image as a top quality, professional company, by adopting an honest, professional and attentive approach.
- To maintain good relationships with all internal and external customers, through provision of a high-quality service.
- To liaise with other Company Departments, Customer and sub-contractors.
- To maintain and use wherever possible Dematic standards.
- To comply with the company policies.
- To promote personal and business continuous improvement and development of processes to achieve improved time cost and quality or project delivery.
Knowledge & Experience Required
- HNC/HND in Electrical/Mechatronics/Controls Engineering as a minimum
- Min 5yrs experience in a similar role
- Advanced understanding of PLC, HMI, SCADA development tools
- Good understanding of Electrical and Electronic technical manuals & drawings
- Good understanding of distributed control systems
- Good understanding of software testing and emulation
- Previous use of CAD tools
- Understanding of automated warehouse desirable not essential
- Understanding of design requirements such as Machine Directive and its harmonized standards including safety standards
Company: KION Group
Job Location: Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org