Laborer in The Exchange Kansas City, KS
Website The Exchange
This job listing is about The Exchange in Kansas City, KS 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
As a Laborer at the Exchange, you are responsible for efficiently unloading, moving, stocking, and pricing merchandise which ranges across a wide variety of items across all departments. You will perform minor facility maintenance and contribute to the cleanliness of the store, both inside and out. You are on the front lines of ensuring our customers have an extraordinary shopping experience – without you, there would be nothing on the shelves!
We offer flexible scheduling, comprehensive medical, dental, life and disability insurance, paid time off, shift differential/holiday pay, and a traditional pension and 401K plan to qualifying associates. You’ll also have access to the base and its facilities, our Mass Transit program, and status as an employee of the DoD.
So what can you expect as a Stocker at the Exchange?
- Follow all safety guidelines and operating procedures
- Deliver extraordinary customer experience by engaging customers and prioritizing customer needs over tasks
- Unload, break-out and stock merchandise with efficiency and accuracy
- Listen to customer needs; ask appropriate follow-up questions to ensure you offer appropriate products that meet the specific need of the customer
We know that you can work anywhere. However, working at the Exchange is the start of something great! While you make it easy for our customers, we focus on you and your development! Our people make us who we are. We want to see you grow, so we put growing together at the forefront of everything we do. It is our duty to provide you with the tools and resources that you need to succeed. Joining the Exchange means joining a team that is devoted to you!
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds (occasional lifting up to 50 pounds)
- Able to learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Able to think quickly on the spot to answer customer questions
- Able to take initiative
- Able to share brand knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willing to cross-train and work in other areas of the store, as needed
- Must possess a welcoming and helpful attitude toward customers and other team members
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills
Number of Positions Remaining
EDUCATION: ELEMENTARY SCHOOL EDUCATION. CREDITABLE JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE EDUCATION REQUIREMENT ON A 9 MONTHS FOR 9 MONTHS BASIS. ABILITY TO OPERATE MOVING AND CLEANING EQUIPMENT.
If a sufficient number of qualified candidates do not apply, the minimum qualifications may be lowered without reposting.
We are seeking associates who have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer experience and a passion for serving those who serve, our Soldiers, Airmen, and their families.
Who We Are
The Army & Air Force Exchange Service, also known as “the Exchange,” is the retailer on US Army and Air Force installations worldwide. An $8 billion enterprise ranked among the top retailers, the Exchange operates department stores, convenience stores, restaurants, movie theaters and an internet shopping site to serve Soldiers, Airmen, and their families. In addition to US bases in Germany, Italy, England, Turkey, South Korea and Japan, the Exchange operates stores for US troops in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other countries in the region. The Exchange ensures Soldiers and Airmen have access to US goods and services, wherever they serve.
Company: The Exchange
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, KS
Application Deadline: N/A