Website LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group
This listing is about LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group in Sutton, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Who we are :
LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group (LNRS) use leading edge technology to deliver market leading information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Our strong global brands hold best-in-class positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every single day.
We are looking for an experienced System Test Engineer who is a dynamic individual with excellent end to end testing and analysis skills including testing WordPress websites and integration with external systems. You should ideally have experience working on both BAU and projects.
The day to day role will require you to drive forward both the development of automated tests as well as getting stuck in with manual testing where the workload demands. As you continue to grow the automation coverage our aim is that manual testing will reduce.
You will be supporting current and future projects so being able to manage a busy schedule and multiple tasks is important. A good knowledge of End-to-End test lifecycle is essential to enable you to manage a heavy workload and give accurate time estimates on test effort.
You will form part of a squad made up of developers, a BA, product owner etc. and act as the key tester providing both Automated and manual testing expertise.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understanding requirements, acceptance criteria and solutions to ensure testing is valid
- Create the test plan in line with strategy and business standards
- Create test cases and scripts which follow the agreed test strategy processes
- Aid in the adoption of TDD within the squad
- Writing acceptance criteria in Cucumber
- Complete testing assignments to deadlines whilst following specified test criteria.
- Design, build, maintain and support test automation suites using selected tools.
- Identifying defects, accurate logging and tracking of defects.
- Reporting of test progression to Product owner, scrum master and escalating significant issues to the Test manager
- Logging test effort and comparing against estimates
- Be able to communicate technical solutions to non-technical colleagues
- Overcoming problems and requirements by suggesting the best possible solutions
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Come from a technical background, to include e2e functional/non- functional testing
- Experience in testing websites ideally on a WordPress CMS platform
- Proven experience of design, build and implementation of test automation suites ideally in using Selenium, Java, Junit, and Maven.
- Experience of cross browser/platform testing tools i.e. Smartbear, Appium or similar.
- Experience of cross browser testing, css edge cases
- Experience of CI pipelines and associated tooling i.e. GitLab, Docker, Jenkins.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence tools
- Demonstrable experience in creating and following Test plans and cases
- Understanding of DevOps
- Strong analysis skills and logical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrable ability to validate testing against business requirements
- Ability to assimilate information and gain understanding of in-house systems
Desirable skills & experience:
- Awareness of PHP
- SQL awareness
- Load and stress testing experience ideally in Apache
- Experience both working internally and with 3rd party providers
- Solid ability to juggle opposing priorities
- Confident and Influential character
- Ideally experience of working in a corporate environment
Women in technology:
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 26.4% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
• Mentoring scheme for women in technology
• Women’s network forum
• Regularly run events for schools girl about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of girls in tech.
RSG proudly support the Tech Talent Charter. Click on the link to find out more.
At Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions Group having diverse employees with different perspectives is key to creating innovative new products for our global customers. We have 35 diversity employee networks globally and prioritise ensuring inclusive leadership is part of our culture. Our aim is for every employee to be the best version of themselves. We would actively welcome applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds and underrepresented groups.
We encourage applicants and employees to tell us about any health issues they may have to allow us to put in place reasonable adjustments that may support applicants in the application process and support employees to succeed in their role.
Company: LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group
Job Location: Sutton, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com