This listing is about Mace in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Project: Seconded project management services to support the project delivery directorate (PDD).
The Mace infrastructure team is working across a wide range of infrastructure projects and is looking for skilled senior quantity surveyors to provide targeted commercial advice for a secured project. The applicants should be willing to take part in a wide range of projects and we would expect that they would be able to deliver a variety of projects including key expansion areas such as our nuclear business.
Mace advises a range of clients, including private developers and governmental organisations to ensure the successful delivery of their projects. We know each client is different and provide industry-leading expertise across all of our workstreams.
Our service lines continue to grow as well, offering commercial, procurement, project management and project controls consultancy services, drawing on our cross-sector experience and priding ourselves on being able to bridge between strategy and delivering practical benefits to our clients.
You would be joining Mace at a time of exciting growth and Mace prides itself on giving its employees the opportunity to excel and to grow with the company.
At Mace, our clients entrust our employees with great responsibility on significant programmes across the project lifecycle where you have the platform to make lasting, tangible improvements to clients’ organisations.
The programme is in a highly secure site and will require successful candidates to work in live and strictly controlled environments that are operating at the highest levels of safety and security.
The role is part of a secured programme of work and the starting date is anticipated to be in Q3 2021.
This position is responsible for estimating and cost planning at a senior manager level to the client and programme team.
This position is responsible for estimating and cost planning and providing full oversight regarding all aspects of estimating and cost planning together with being the designated point of contact for all tasks and responsibilities assigned to the Mace team. They will be required to work closely and pro-actively with the other stakeholders at all levels and across all the teams within the programme to ensure that the requirements of all the individual estimating and cost planning activities, and their impact upon the overall Project, are successfully delivered. They will also be responsible for overseeing and managing the commercial team to ensure the overall success of the commercial scope.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Preparing the estimation and cost planning duties and able to present this information to the client team for pre-agreed elements of work.
- Incorporating appropriate financial data in the programme to assist in the development of a project cost/time distribution profile and communicate the results to the project team for your element of works.
- Working with the lead quantity surveyor maintaining project baselines and execute the pre-construction change control process as appropriate.
- Maintaining project assumptions/exclusions and dependencies logs.
- Assisting in the development of cost plan data and information for inclusion in tender documentation under the guidance of the lead quantity surveyor.
- Assisting the lead quantity surveyor to define commercial evaluation models for procurement packages and then evaluate the commercial performance of tenderers utilising these evaluation models.
- Integrating fully with the procurement and client teams to provide targeted commercial expertise as required during the tender process under the supervision of the lead quantity surveyor.
- Ensuring timely execution of business management responsibilities including completion of the daily timesheet.
- Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is input into the Mace internal database.
- Identifying and participating in new initiatives that add value and improve the business.
- Developing the relationship and future work opportunities with the client.
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve cost management procedures, templates and products and hence improve the service provided to clients.
- Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes.
You have a degree in quantity surveying or similar and are a member of the RICS or similar professional body. If you do not have a degree, you will have a proven track record of delivering complex commercial solutions with extensive experience in managing commercial deliverables.
You have a good understanding of the UK regulatory and nuclear framework. You have an understanding of the information required and a demonstration of preparing estimates and cost planning for high-value public sector business case approval.
You have experience in preparing cost advice for services and works. You have knowledge and ability to use the latest digital tools and platforms that are industry recognised for the purposes of preparing and reporting cost advice, preferably experience of using Causeway CATO and BIM Measure. You have experience in applying value management and value engineering techniques.
You have the experience and the ability to apply costs into a cost loaded programme within a work and cost structure. You are familiar with providing cost services to retained buildings and to new build projects. You are familiar with the most common forms of contract, especially NEC4, within the construction industry and major projects and programme environments. You have limited knowledge of UK Law and its impact upon contracts and the estimating and cost planning function are essential.
You have basic knowledge and experience in procuring packages and understand the level of commercial information to be requested and evaluated for a successful tender.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You will have a construction or consultancy background in the Infrastructure and/or nuclear sectors and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org