This listing is about Macstaff in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
You will like
Playing a key role in the Sustainability & Environmental Assurance group of a recognised leader in Systems Engineering and Consulting. With best sustainable practice being a key driver across all my client’s projects, they have delivered environmental and sustainability services to clients across various sectors including Government, Transport, Defence, Financial, Industrial, Renewables and Nuclear sectors for more than 10 years. They specialise in managing compliance and solving complex environmental challenges on a range of significant projects both in the UK and globally.
You will like
The Environmental Management Consultant job itself which is newly created due to the significant continuing growth of the environmental consultancy business. As an experienced environmental management, compliance and permitting practitioner, you will support consultancy work across the Defence, Clean Energy (Nuclear & Renewables), Transport (Rail & Aerospace) and Heavy Industrial sectors.
We are looking for people who want to make a positive impact on the world and society. Motivated individuals who want to make lives safer, more secure, more sustainable and affordable. Pro-active environmental management specialists with hands on experience of helping their organisation and/or clients to achieve compliance, reduce their environmental impact and manage environmental risk.
You will work within the Environmental Assurance Team and often to take a lead on the technical and commercial aspects of projects, ensuring delivery to time and budget, as well as a high standard to exceed client expectations. The development of new business, services, and enhanced offerings to clients will also form part of the role.
Location: This key role can be based from a number of UK office locations including Gloucester, Bristol, Warrington, Burton and Surrey. Flexible working or working from home #WFH is supported.
You will have
Do you have environmental management and permitting experience from work on Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects in the Clean Energy & Transport sectors? Are you familiar with environmental management in the Defence sector? Do you want to work on multidisciplinary projects supporting the infrastructure, and services, which society depends upon?
To be successful as Environmental Management Consultant, you will hold a Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in an environmental, engineering, or physical science discipline and have a healthy mix of the following experience:
- Environmental Aspects, Risk and Impact Assessments;
- Environmental Permitting and Exemption Registrations (conventional permits or radioactive substances);
- Defence Standard (DEFSTAN) 0051 & MOD Project Oriented Environmental Management Systems (POEMS);
- Development of ISO14001 Environmental Management Systems;
- Environmental Risk & Compliance Auditing;
- Guidance on Requirements for Release of Nuclear Sites from Radioactive Substances Regulation;
- Design for the Environment;
- Best Available Techniques (BAT) Studies and Gap Analysis (Conventional or Radioactive);
- Options Appraisals & Optioneering;
- Waste Minimisation & Management Strategy (Conventional or Radioactive);
- Pre-Acquisition / Transactional Environmental Due Diligence;
You will get
As Environmental Management Consultant you will enjoy a competitive salary: £40K-£60K + Package
- Competitive salary: [£40,000 – £60,000]
- 25 days’ holiday entitlement.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme.
- Company pension scheme.
- Targeted professional development.
- Life assurance.
- Private healthcare membership.
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance.
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution.
- Support in attaining professional membership.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season rail ticket loan
My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward.
You will have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
You can apply
To Environmental Management Consultant by by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to [email protected]
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org