This job listing is about Sandvik in Harare, Harare, Zimbabwe 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
To manage the maintenance of equipment according to OEM specifications and standards, and ensure preventative & continuous maintenance of equipment, cost effectiveness, effective subordinates and customer relations.
This service is rendered to Sandvik Mining clients (internal and external) according to performance requirements & specifications to ensure continuous improvement and growth.
Key Performance Areas:
The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for managing the maintenance of equipment according to OEM specifications and. The various duties are, among other things:
- Responsible for meeting the needs of the business regarding resources and develop the operation.
- Developing vision and converts to implementing strategies. Responsible to operate the business continuous improvements within Performance Management. Support the development of investment plans.
- Leads the business at an overall level and delegates mandate with responsibility to the organization.
- Responsible for the development of a yearly budget, ongoing expense tracking and cost savings initiatives.
- Responsible for the competence development and staffing within the department.
- Ensure compliance with all employment, health and safety laws.
- Responsible for your own development by following Sandvik’s leadership model.
The Maintenance Manager is expected to have
- Degree in Engineering Discipline (Mechanical or Electrical) or Qualified Tradesman (Mechanical, Electrical) with not less than five years post qualifying experience and at least three years supervisory experience at Foreman level. The exposure to and knowledge of Sandvik underground mining equipment being a distinct advantage.
- Mature and self-disciplined with a flair for effective supervision, attention to detail and readiness to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Good at paperwork, machine problem diagnosis and resolution techniques coupled with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and customer focus culture.
- Commitment to adhere to safety, health and environmental management procedures and standards.
- Computer literate.
- Possession of at least a valid class 4 driver’s licence is a prerequisite.
- Full physical & medical certificate to work in mining environment
How To Apply
Please apply online through Workday (ESS), or access the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers, reference R0048525
Applications close: 16 December 2022
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Harare, Harare, Zimbabwe
Application Deadline: N/A