Maintenance Technician II (Weekend Shift) in VELUX Old Road, Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda
This job listing is about VELUX in Old Road, Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Where there is light, there is life. This philosophy is at the heart of what we do, linking natural resources with human needs. As “daylight engineers,” we are committed to achieving our goal of constantly giving the world new possibilities of bringing daylight and fresh air into the homes and lives of people.
Our culture reflects our values and way of working and we strive to let them shine through everything we do. Whether pursuing a career in sales, marketing, distribution, manufacturing or support operations, we believe in working as a unified team to bring light to life.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform maintenance duties on machines in order to support the manufacturing process of skylights. The Maintenance Technician II will support production areas while completing assigned work.
- Performs mechanical and electrical repairs on various machines and processes
- Must be able to perform and be responsible for the Preventative Maintenance Program and associated record keeping on machines
- Assist technicians in all areas of Maintenance while working in a safe manner
- Performs other assignments as directed by local supervision
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum 5 yrs electrical/mechanical industrial experience required
- Certificate of Apprenticeship, Journeyman’s license, technical degree or pursuit of degree in a related field preferred
- Strong working knowledge of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Applied experience in troubleshooting industrial automation (relays, sensors, transducers, actuators, variable-frequency drive, PLC’s and robotics)
- Applied experience and working from heights in running/hanging service installations (conduit, black pipe, etc)
- Applied experience with PLC software, Allen Bradley preferred. Must be able to go online and troubleshoot programs
- Must be able to interpret blueprints and schematics
- Flexibility to work varied shifts and overtime if necessary
- Ability to work and solve problems in team environment with teammates, operators and engineers
- Good communication/organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to work independently as required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with no major moving traffic violations
- Ability to perform the essential functions assigned to the position
- Proficiency with basic machining, welding and fabrication techniques
- The desire and ability to work in a team environment demonstrated through a positive quality, safety, attendance and good work history
- Compliance with all rules of conduct, safety regulations and policies provided in Employee Handbooks, on Company bulletin boards/announcements, terms/conditions of employment or other means of communication is a requirement of the job.
Our ambition of treating employees better than most other companies includes the challenging work environment we strive to create as well as the competitive benefit programs available to employees and their dependents upon joining the Company. Some of these include:
- Group Health Insurance Plan
- On-site Health Clinic
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care Plan
- Prescription Drug Card Program
- Long-term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Cancer Protection Plan
- Company Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Educational Assistance Program
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Vacation Day Program
- Sick Day Program
- Service Recognition Program
- And Much More
Equal Opportunity Employer
VELUX is fully committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. To further our goal of equal employment opportunity for all employees and prospective employees, it is the policy of VELUX to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity and only job-related qualifications will be required.
VELUX uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Old Road, Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda
Application Deadline: N/A