This Job Listing is about Mambu in London,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
<!--> In the last 10 years, Mambu has been revolutionising banking - making it more accessible, more straightforward and more inclusive for everyone. With fresh funding secured and a near €5 billion valuation we have huge ambitions for ourselves and the whole banking sector.
We bring this same sense of innovation and aspiration to how we support our people. We pioneered the 4 day summer work week, have announced the provision of equity for all and launched Our Mambu Deal to capture how we work with each other and what we offer all Mambuvians.
These are just the beginning. We’ll continue to look for ways to make Mambu an even better place to work.
We’re not here to play it safe.
We’re here to change the world.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Regional General Counsel EMEA and working collaboratively as part of a global legal team spread across 4 regions, you will:
What You’ll Bring
What You’ll Bring
Your Experience Includes
- Provide legal support in all stages of commercial transactions and negotiate commercial agreements (SaaS agreements, channel partner agreements).
- Draft and negotiate agreements for strategic business opportunities in the EMEA region.
- Support the sales team in bidding processes (including RFIs/RFPs/etc)
- Provide pragmatic guidance on commercial issues to Sales teams to ensure Mambu can grow its business effectively and in a compliant manner.
- Draft and negotiate a range of other contracts, such as software services agreements, partnership agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and trial and development agreements.
- Identify and escalate (or assist in escalating) legal and regulatory risks and assist in designing solutions to mitigate those risks.
- Working with various departments across the organisation globally, you will lead and/or support initiatives to enhance and streamline documents, processes and systems, so as to ensure that our business is future-proofed from a legal perspective.
- A degree in law from a reputable university, LL.M preferred;
- Minimum 5 years PQE experience gained in private practice and as an in-house lawyer
- Proven expertise and experience in IT/software/technology contracting (customer or vendor side), including demonstrated ability to lead contract negotiations ;
- Knowledge of data protection requirements (in particular GDPR);
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, including high-level understanding of the regulatory frameworks applicable to Mambu’s customers would be an advantage;
- A high level of technical legal and contract drafting skills;
- Excellent spoken and written English is essential; at least one other regional language would be an advantage.
We are a diverse group of Mambuvians, and we are growing fast. Our eyes are on the future, and we believe we can use our technology and our talent to deliver banking experiences for billions that are also sustainable and inclusive and accessible.
We’re also focused on delivering a fantastic working experience for all Mambuvians. We pioneered the 4 day working week between June - August many years ago, and continue to innovate around how work should feel and how it should get done. Our Mambu Deal is how we articulate this relationship of support and dedication which drives us all forward.
To stay on top of the latest Fintech trends and our success stories, please follow us on LinkedIn .
To experience more of the Mambu culture in action, you can follow us on Facebook , Instagram or YouTube .
For more details regarding our global career opportunities, please visit our Career Site .
As part of the recruitment (or HR onboarding) process, you will be required to obtain authorized criminal background and credit screening results, as well as be queried against a sanctions/anti-money-laundering/counter terrorism financing/politically exposed persons screening service and your employment is conditional upon approval of these results.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that many job seekers (including women, people of colour and people from diverse backgrounds) are reluctant to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification.
Here at Mambu we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- You take ownership and enjoy driving negotiations and projects to a successful end.
- You have empathy and excellent communication skills.
- You have the ability to convey complex legal concepts in a simple and concise manner.
- You work independently and autonomously with demonstrated ability to manage details as well as the big picture.
- You like to innovate and never settle in the status quo.