Manager of People & Culture-Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa in Kimpton Hotels Restaurants West Bay, West Bay, Cayman Islands
Website Kimpton Hotels Restaurants
This job listing is about Kimpton Hotels Restaurants in West Bay, West Bay, Cayman Islands 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Why We’re Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people’s lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You’re here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It’s what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We’re Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you – with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality – is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That’s what we seek out and celebrate. It’s people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don’t need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others’ lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that’s a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you’ll feel it too.
What You’ll Do
For Kimpton, our point of differentiation is our cultural foundation, there’s a reason we call it People + Culture – and it’s not just for the irony of the acronym. The folks within Kimpton P+C do not manage humans as resources; they empower employees and champion our culture. You will be passionate about the employee journey and champion a work environment consistent with Kimpton’s Best Place to Work initiatives.
Some Of Your Responsibilities Include
- Along with the Director of People + Culture, you will develop, maintain and support a legitimate business partnership with the hotel & restaurant operations teams serving as an employee advocate, cultural ambassador, subject matter expert, innovator and consultant.
- Assists the hiring managers in departmental recruitment and staffing including participating in local and University career fairs, maintenance of job postings within budget and staffing guidelines, preparation of salaried offer letter requests and salaried/hourly offer letters, new hire paperwork and onboarding.
- Overseeing the People & Culture Coordinator and working closely with them to ensure effective operations and compliance to local law requirements including Pension, Insurance, and Labour Laws.
- Partner with hotel & restaurant management on mentorship, counseling and disciplinary matters. People + Culture also serves as a consultant on forward-thinking discipline and related investigatory responsibilities for employee issues.
- Champion Employee Relations consistent with Kimpton’s Best Place To Work and employee communicationecognition initiatives such as the Employee Opinion Survey, Employee luncheon, Surprise and Delight, GM Communications Meetings/Fireside Chats, Employee Action Committees, Facilities Appreciation Week, Employee of the Quarter, Kimpton Moments Recognition, Kimpton Professional Women’s Group and partner with the hotel operations to increase awareness of Kimpton Cares Month, Diversity and Inclusion Month and our CSR partnerships.
- Partner with Department Heads to achieve excellence in employee satisfaction scores as measured through the annual Employee Opinion and Best Places to Work Surveys.
- Regularly assess property-specific training needs and lead professional development including Kimpton University facilitation, ensuring maximum attendance at all KU courses, compliance and skills-based training courses.
- Timely perform Exit and Stay interviews and look for trends.
- Ensure consistent compliance to all Employment & Labor laws of the area.
- Ensure immigration and workplace file compliance. Support the
- Manage Workers’ Compensation administration including effective case management of Workers’ Compensation including transitional duty and return-to-work goals for employees with active Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Actively and consistently participate in weekly hotel staff meetings, daily line up meetings, Executive Committee and/or departmental meetings, as needed or otherwise requested.
- Provide onsite Human Resources support and visibility for your property by fostering an open-door policy.
- Additional projects and responsibilities may be designated by the Director of P+C.
What You Bring
- 3 years of HR experience, with at least 1 at a supervisory or manager level
- HR in a hotel environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Hotel Management or related field preferred.
- Strong computer skills to include: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Expert organizational, task-management, leadership, creativity, verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all applicable Cayman Islands employment and labor laws.
- Naturally outgoing and friendly attitude with personal commitment and passion for service excellence in order to consistently deliver and demonstrate Kimpton service standards to our internal customers.
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and protect employee privacy.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Company: Kimpton Hotels Restaurants
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: West Bay, West Bay, Cayman Islands
Application Deadline: N/A