Website Rio Tinto
This job listing is about Rio Tinto in Conakry, Conakry Region, Guinea 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Manager – Payroll
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Make your mark setting up our new, intelligent mine
- Be part of a diverse, agile and talented team of experts with an active caring culture and strong teamwork
- This role will be residential
About The Role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Payroll Accounting Manager to build and lead the payroll services accounting team for the Simandou project.
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned Payroll Manager with experience with large projects.
We are an open, connected international team of technical specialists using some of the most exciting data and tools on the planet. We are the world leader in automation and smart mining and provide opportunities to grow your career through a dedicated technical path while being rewarded for your unique skills.
Reporting to the Transactional Services Manager you will be leading a small team managing the day-to-day accounting and finance requirements for successful delivery of payroll activities.
- Support the Manager Transaction Services to ensure strong and effective internal controls and compliance framework.
- Manage the effective, efficient and valued delivery of payroll activities.
- Ensure effective and efficient systems and processes are in place both within the organisation and within any outsourced service providers to enable accurate and on time payments to employees.
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities and/or projects, and lead to optimise the payroll service offering and maintain and improve the overall customer experience and satisfaction levels.
- Review practices and operational performance metrics and develop strategies to increase capability, effectiveness and efficiency across both the retained and if applicable the outsourced service organisations
- Maintain effective relationships with various internal groups to ensure needs are met and issues are proactively identified and addressed.
- Work with appropriate Groups (People Services and Areas of expertise) where required to exchange information and resources.
- Monitor payroll delivery and ensures consistency of process and delivery.
- Lead team responses for internal and external audits
- Liaise with Group Services to ensure continuous improvements are identified and replicated across both organisations
What You’ll Bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Finance and Accounting qualifications (CA or equivalent is preferred)
- SAP and payroll services experience essential
- 6+ years of relevant accounting or cost control experience within a large global organisation
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (especially excel) is essential
- Demonstrated exposure to accounting standards and financial reporting framework
- Good communication and reporting skills (presentation, status reports, KPI, fact-based analysis)
- Attention to detail and ability meet business critical short deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to analyse complex issues and identify/implement effective working solutions
What We Offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access top tier family-friendly health and medical programs and pension plan
- Wellbeing benefits
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
The project is owned by Simfer S.A. which is a joint venture owned by Rio Tinto (45.05%), Chinalco (39.95%) and the Government of Guinea (15%). Rio Tinto is the nominated operator of the Simandou ore block 3 and 4. Blocks 3 and 4 in the Simandou ranges represent one of the most significant untapped, high grade iron ore deposits today, with an indicated resource in excess of 1.7Bt.
The mine will create several thousand direct and indirect jobs, with an economic value of several billion dollars over the estimated mine life. Simandou will also serve as an engine for economic growth, and use best practices to create a safe, sustainable, and environmentally friendly operation. The iron ore from the mine will be used to produce vital products that modern society depends upon, such as electric vehicles, renewable energy infrastructure, buildings and bridges.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Company: Rio Tinto
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Conakry, Conakry Region, Guinea
Application Deadline: N/A