This listing is about Matchtech in Bristol, England, United Kingdom
About the job
You will Provide effective and efficient support, advice, and HR related administration for one or more business areas or an individual HR team.
Responsibilities for HR Generalist
The responsibilities of these posts will include, but not be limited to, the following: Duties will vary dependent on area of HR you support; however they may include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling, booking meetings, recording meeting minutes and capturing and coordinating the implementation of actions through to completion.
- Supporting the Entry Talent and Talent Acquisition Team with the recruitment and resourcing: Posting jobs adverts on a range of platforms, meet greet with candidates, support in the onboarding process.
- Assisting with the Employee Relations and Wellbeing Team with support in the resolution of casework, trade union meetings and scheduling of employment tribunal administration.
- Act as an informed first point of contact responding to routine enquiries (escalating where necessary), providing a high level of customer services by giving advice and guidance based on HR policy and procedure.
- Engage with customers and stakeholders across the business to build internal network and understanding of Defence, Equipment & Support (DE&S).
- Maintain existing workforce databases (e.g. spreadsheet management) to store files and data, etc; in specified formats and with necessary data protection.
- Support the delivery of team goals, developing processes and updating communication portals.
- Obtain and extract data for analysis as required to support monitoring performance against people objectives and corporate directives.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
- A-level standard or equivalent, or proven extensive office environment experience working in an administrative capacity.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
- Student CIPD Member. Foundation (level 3) HR qualification
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Business Facing HR
- Delivering at pace
- Managing a quality service
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market-leading employer pension contributions of between 26.6% and 30.3% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Whilst you will be based out of the listed location, DE&S promotes Smarter working, which provides flexibility over where work is carried out whilst ensuring organisational outcomes are delivered effectively and efficiently. We adopt an ‘attend for a purpose’ approach in relation to visits to site.
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage and welcome applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and a working environment free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
About Your Team
Our HR function sets strategic direction and helps develop the highly skilled and inclusive workforce needed to drive exceptional performance. Through strong stakeholder engagement, HR provides dedicated people management processes, policies and services to support DE&S to deliver its outputs. We are integral to operational delivery.
Job Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com