This job listing is about in 龍潭區 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
The British Secondary and High School Section (BSHS) of the Taipei European School (TES) is looking to appoint a well-qualified Teacher of Mathematics with excellent subject knowledge to join our committed and dedicated team. The ideal candidate should preferably have experience of teaching both International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP) mathematics courses. Experience of teaching Cambridge International Education Assessments (CAIE) International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) mathematics subjects is also desirable.
We are looking for a well-motivated and creative educator who would like to be part of a well-established, dynamic, and forward-thinking school. The successful candidate will be an excellent practitioner who values collaboration and is dedicated to the holistic development of our enthusiastic and conscientious students. The role of Assistant Head of Mathematics may also be available to a suitably qualified candidate.
TES students come from a range of diverse backgrounds and nationalities and matriculate to some of the world’s best universities. We are, therefore, looking to appoint a teacher who will inspire our students to meet their aspirations.
Application Procedures and Timeline
If you are inspired by this opportunity, please complete our application form online and where you will also be asked to upload your CV and a Covering Letter in which you share your experience and enthusiasm for the role.
Your application should consist of
- A completed application form and supporting statement.
- A cover letter and CV.
As an employer committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, it is necessary that when completing your application form there are no gaps shown in your career history. Any breaks of service must be accounted for.
Preferably, your application should be submitted on the online recruitment page.
If this is not possible, please send your application by email to [email protected]
Application deadline 4.00 p.m. on Wednesday, 30 November 2022. We encourage interested teachers to apply for the position as early as possible. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by our HR department. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we may not always be able to acknowledge unsuccessful applications.
Taipei European School is an equal opportunities employer and is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to the successful completion of safeguarding checks, including references from current and previous employers, and criminal record checks.
Teachers at Taipei European School make the education of their pupils their first concern, and are accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct. Teachers at Taipei European School act with honesty and integrity; have strong subject knowledge, keep their knowledge and skills as teachers up-to-date and are self-critical; forge positive professional relationships; and work with parents in the best interests of their pupils.
A teacher at Taipei European School must
- Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
- Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils.
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge.
- Plan and teach well structured lessons.
- Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils.
- Make accurate and productive use of assessments.
- Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment.
- Fulfil wider professional responsibilities.
A teacher is expected to demonstrate consistently high standards of personal and professional conduct. The following statements define the behaviour and attitudes which set the required standard for conduct at our top international school.
Teachers uphold public trust in the profession and maintain high standards of ethics and behaviour, within and outside Taipei European School, by
- treating pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
- having regard for the need to safeguard pupils’ well-being, in accordance with statutory provisions
- showing tolerance of and respect for the rights of others
- not undermining fundamental European values, including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect, and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
- ensuring that personal beliefs are not expressed in ways which exploit pupils’ vulnerability or might lead them to break the law.
Teachers must have proper and professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices of Taipei European School, and maintain high standards in their own attendance and punctuality.
Teachers must have an understanding of, and always act within, the policies and procedures which set out their professional duties and responsibilities at Taipei European School.
TES recruits well-qualified, experienced career professionals.
The candidates need to have
- A Bachelor of Education Degree from a recognized University.
- A Degree from a recognized University plus either a
- Post Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) or equivalent
- Post Graduate Diploma of Education (PGDE) or equivalent
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: 龍潭區
Application Deadline: N/A