Website Maximus UK
This listing is about Maximus UK in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Do good. Be great as a nurse.
Are you a nurse who wants to continue helping people but needs a better work life balance? At Maximus, you don’t need to compromise. Join our Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) business as a Nurse Functional Assessor and use your clinical skills in a different way to help people move forward with their lives.
Our healthcare colleagues are the driving force of our business. That’s why, as part of our team, you won’t be expected to work long days, do night shifts or take work home. Instead, you’ll work in a pattern that gives you a genuine work life balance – plus the flexibility to make long-term decisions about your future career.
You’ll benefit from our newly implemented hybrid working scheme, where you’ll have the flexibility and support to work in a way that’s right for you – whether that’s at home or in the office. On top of that, you can expect a wide range of benefits designed to help you achieve great things:
- A competitive starting salary of £39,500 – £46,300, location depending
- Supportive working environment with ongoing CPD support
- Plenty of exposure as you develop your skills and clinical knowledge
- Opportunities to explore other roles
- Regular feedback and a coaching tool to help you deliver quality outputs for customers
- Connect with the wider business including the opportunity to join colleague network groups
- Core benefits like our healthcare cash plan
- Voluntary benefits so you can pick the plans that are right for you and your family
What you’ll be doing as a nurse
Day-to-day, you’ll carry out assessments to understand how a person’s disability or health condition affects their daily life. You’ll listen sensitively to their experiences, ask questions and use your insights to produce a factual report to help the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) determine their eligibility for benefits. It’s important work that has a big impact on real lives, so we’ll make sure you get the time to build a relationship with each customer you speak with.
It’ll be challenging at times, but we’ll support you to manage your caseloads efficiently to deliver the best service to our customers.
What we look for in nurses
- An NMC registered nurse with 1 year’s broad post-registration experience
- Proactive and keen to learn
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working towards team and individual targets, in a supportive environment
- Comfortable working with a diverse range of conditions, including mental health
From working with a diverse range of customers to handling challenging situations, this role is a fantastic opportunity to hone your assessment skills and develop your clinical knowledge, while making a difference to people’s lives.
Due to COVID 19 most of our nurses are currently undertaking telephone assessments until we can resume face-to-face assessments.
*Starting salaries for nurses
Outside London: £39,500
In and around London: £46,300
Company: Maximus UK
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A