Network Engineer in MEC Mayville Engineering Company Inc Mile 10, Kavango East, Namibia
Website MEC Mayville Engineering Company Inc
This job listing is about MEC Mayville Engineering Company Inc in Mile 10, Kavango East, Namibia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
This individual will be a contributor in the implementation and managing of technologies for Voice & Data Networks and Remote Access management services. This role will provide technical support and implementation expertise of network systems and other communications software and hardware technology. Provides guidance and participates in the implementation of capital projects within budget timeline and scope definitions.
- Delivering appropriate network and voice implementations, maintenance and support that will balance business requirements with MEC technology standards to arrive at the optimal solution. Monitor and provide input at key checkpoints throughout the project lifecycle.
- Implement, manage and support all firewalls, routers, switches and load balancing hardware in the MEC landscape.
- Responsible for maintaining network LAN and WAN documentation.
- Monitor overall network and voice capabilities in support of our business. This includes critical areas such as security and audit related matters in addition to help manage the strategic technology landscape. Define, document and communicate network infrastructure technology topologies and changes.
- Participate in strategic sourcing process for acquiring Infrastructure technology assets, Voice, Data and infrastructure services.
- Collaborate with the Systems administration team and the software development team on projects and future direction
- Participate and author changes following MEC change control processes.
- Provide support in the development and refining of our rationalization plans by providing decommissioning strategies for non-strategic and obsolete technologies.
- Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video conferencing, and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Monitor and maintain video surveillance and access control systems
- Assists in the evaluation of hardware and software, including providers for network & voice, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Provides input to aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required, including potential new/acquired facility planning
- Will participate in budgeting, cap-ex planning, maintaining contracts, and negotiations with vendors and service providers
- Assist with integrating ethernet enabled machinery with internal systems
- Assist with environmental monitoring, fire protection and climate control
- Potential 24×7 on call status
- Some travel will be required. Less than 10%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering (electronic or communications) or related field; In lieu of degree, a minimum of 4 years of experience in Networking and related infrastructure
- 6+ years of experience of participating in major networking project as analyst, architect or technical lead; Experience in working with international networks and service providers; Experience working with cross functional and global teams
- 6+ years experience implementing redundant LAN topologies with DMVPN failover via dynamic routing
- Strong knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies and routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and redistribution of these protocols
- Strong knowledge of network security standards and implementation of network segmentation
- Strong knowledge of wireless technologies
- Current Cisco CCNP Route/Switch certification
- Strong documentation skills and attention to detail
- Must be hands-on and comfortable working in manufacturing environment
- Strong project management skills
- Continued knowledge and education of industry trends and standards
- Must be self-motivated
- Knowledge of backup power systems, both UPS and generator
- Experience with Mitel, Avaya or similar phone systems.
Company: MEC Mayville Engineering Company Inc
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mile 10, Kavango East, Namibia
Application Deadline: N/A