Strategic Sourcing Specialist in MEC Mayville Engineering Company Inc Mile 10, Kavango East, Namibia
Website MEC Mayville Engineering Company Inc
This job listing is about MEC Mayville Engineering Company Inc in Mile 10, Kavango East, Namibia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
We’re so glad you are interested in the Strategic Sourcing Specialist role. This position will be based out of our Corporate Office in Hazel Park, MI, with the opportunity for a hybrid schedule. As a team member/owner at MEC, you will lead and drive Purchasing processes through the organization. You will need to ensure products meet quality, delivery and specification requirements at the lowest possible total cost. The Strategic Sourcing Specialist will help identify new suppliers, negotiate price, analyze trends and manager the all supplier relationships.
A role like this comes with some important responsibilities, some of those responsibilities include:
- Commodity Strategy Development and Execution: Develop and implement sound commodity sourcing strategies that will bring optimal value to the enterprise. Build deep commodity knowledge with a strong grasp of the market to understand all cost drivers and other related commercial matters.
- Negotiation: Apply firm but fair negotiation practices utilizing an organized data-driven approach for optimal results that drive lowest total landed cost, on-time delivery, all while meeting or exceeding MEC quality standards.
- Total Cost Management: Attain cost reduction goals through detailed cost/spend analysis, cost model development and implementation, supplier lean events, or through the use of various other cost management tools.
- Materials Planning & Management: Understands forecasting, demand planning, scheduling and inventory management tools and concepts necessary to analyze optimal placement and velocity of materials required in the manufacturing and distribution process.
What Does It Take to Be a Fit for This Role?
- BA/BS degree in a business-related field, supply chain management, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years of working experience in purchasing and/or supply chain.
- Experience in manufacturing processes such as metal fabrication, press brake, stamping, tube bending, welding, and assembly is preferred, but not required.
- The ability to take independent actions based on sound decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent project management. Ability to lead cross-functional teams to produce high-level work product within tight timeframes.
- Proficient to expert level in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data analytics.
- Ability and willing to travel up to 25% of the time to other MEC locations and supplier sites within the Midwest.
Company: MEC Mayville Engineering Company Inc
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mile 10, Kavango East, Namibia
Application Deadline: N/A