This listing is about Medivet in Tickton, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Medivet are a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
We provide ongoing support to our teams, both in practice, online and through our dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from our advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
Medivet Sutton-on-Hull are recruiting for a veterinary surgeon to join our friendly, dedicated and supportive team.
Our practice is set in the picturesque suburb of Sutton-on-Hull close to Hull city and the Yorkshire countryside.
General duties will include: consulting and associated skills (listening, empathising, summarising) routine surgery, lifting and moving animals, handling drugs and chemotherapeutic agents, possible shared on-call duties, team leadership and team management, telephone advice, data entry, fee charging and dispute resolution.
This role is full-time, working up to 4 days per week plus 1 in 3 Saturdays or 1 in 6 full weekends.
Salary & Benefits
- Negotiable salary package up to £55,000, depending on experience, which includes a CPD allowance of £1,500 plus 3 days CPD leave per annum.
- Accommodation Allowance.
- Vehicle allowance or company vehicle.
- RCVS, VDS, BVA fees paid.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Certificate opportunities paid for by us.
- 4 weeks sabbatical for every 5-year service.
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance programme.
- Employee discounts & rewards via Happi Benefits.
- Long service awards.
The ideal candidate will need to be a qualified MRCVS, already have good experience gained in small animal practice, be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working sole charge or as part of a wider team.
Sharing in our values of being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will need all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues and clients.
Further education and development of colleagues is actively encouraged and a certificate can be supported for the successful candidate.
You must be a Veterinary Surgeon, registered with the RCVS.
We can support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK. With current Covid19 regulations we will offer relocation and quarantine support entering the UK.
Medivet is growing rapidly and it is an exciting time to join us – we encourage growth and development within our roles and are truly committed to helping our Medivet family members achieve their goals.
- Medical competence (to level required by specific role, to include clinical examinations, lifting and moving animals, diagnosing disease and prescription and handling of drugs)
- Surgical competence (to level required by specific role) Sole Charge experience.
- UK small animal practice experience.
- Familiarity and compliance with relevant legislation.
- Mediation experience.
- Suitable attitude to commission / charging for work done.
- Demonstrable ability to work in a team / lead a team (as appropriate to role)
Skills and Experience
A qualified MRCVS, already have good experience gained in small animal practice.
Chestnut House Veterinary Centre is a modern small animal practice built in a stunning Georgian manor house. The safety, health and wellbeing of both patients and clients is the main priority. The practice has a long standing staff team which generates the family feel of the clinic, our clients are pleased to see familiar friendly faces when they visit.
The practice is built around the founders central themes of compassion and ethical treatments alongside passion for providing the best medicine and surgery for patients whilst providing sympathy and understanding for clients.
Job Location: Tickton, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com