Website Michael Page
This listing is about Michael Page in Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
About the job
- An opportunity with a leading automotive business|Air freight experts please apply!
About Our Client
My client is a leading multi-national provider of logistics solutions to the automotive industry. They are currently undergoing a large period of change and are looking to identify Air Freight experts to join their team. The roles can exist in Hinckley, Leicestershire.
The successful Air Freight Controller will report into the Commercial Operations Manager on a daily basis. You will be working across a standard Monday to Friday, office hours, schedule and will be expected to undertake the following tasks:
- End to end booking, pricing and quotations of manufactured shipments, primarily by means of ocean freight, across the global.
- Manage a vast network of over 600 suppliers / carriers, whilst additionally looking to continual improve relationships and costings.
- Responsibility for a small team of 2x Air Freight Expert (including PDR’s, 1to1’s, performance reviews).
- Ensuring our customer receives only the highest quality service at the best possible price.
- This role will also co-ordinate a variety of different shipments – OOG products, project forwarding shipments, AOG time-critical shipments.
- Ensure financial, quality, safety targets are adhered to at all times.
- Ensuring all relevant compliance and administrative procedures are following, along with customs clearance.
The Successful Applicant
As an Air Freight Controller you will be required to have attributes and experience in the following areas:
- 3+ years experience in Ocean Freight (ideally export)
- IATA Dangerous Goods Certified is desirable
- Experience of managing or co-ordinating teams
- Freight forwarding experience, ideally managing a large sub-contracted carrier base
- Fully fluent in customs compliance (i.e MAWB / HAWB / C88 / SAD / EUR1’s etc)
- A strong background in multi-modal freight is desirable with a preference towards air.
- Commutable to Hinckley, Leicestershire
What’s On Offer
- 20% bonus annually
- 33 days per year holiday
- Private medicial insurance
Contact: Reece Clarke
Quote job ref: 13901412
Company: Michael Page
Job Location: Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com