Website Michael Page
This listing is about Michael Page in Exeter, England, United Kingdom
About the job
- Before applying please ensure your CV is tailored to the role specifically|Based in Warrington, Leeds, B’ham, Peterborough, Reading, Worthing or Exeter
About Our Client
Defra group Commercial (DgC) is an award-winning commercial team which oversees all commercial activity across Defra and most Arm’s Length Bodies. This is an exciting time to join the team as we continue to grow and transform. We have a rapidly increasing and ambitious contracting portfolio to support, with significant public investment now committed to mitigate climate change, deliver flood risk management, grow the UK’s science capability and manage an increase in grants funding internationally. We have exciting roles and opportunities available across in our Category Management and one role in our Supplier Management team. We have recently rolled out “one way of working” to reflect commercial best practice and our Contract Management Centre of Excellence.
Job Description: the work that you will be doing
The Senior Commercial Officer will report to a Commercial Manager (G7) and will entail all aspects of pre-contract commercial support. You will
- Lead commercial engagement on Infrastructure related projects. This will involve leading commercial and procurement strategy, employing policy from the Construction Playbook, seeking best practice techniques by utilising your network from within Government and other areas of the Infrastructure Sector to deliver best value.
- Provide expert advice on commercial risk management and deliver mitigation plans / strategies to manage identified risks at project level.
- Effectively influence customers across the network to deliver value for money, achieving savings targets and sustainable outcomes.
- Lead by example in our approach to sustainability and communicating its importance, influencing others to improve their approach. Ensure sustainability is considered throughout our work and is the responsibility of all.
- Work with customers to develop their commercial capability.
- Drive innovation in the network.
- Potentially provide Line Management to an HEO or EO in the team
- Support the development of other team members to help ensure there is resilience in teams to deliver the required outputs.
- Share experience and knowledge with team members on policies, procedures, practices and techniques equipping them with the knowledge and skills to deliver their work in an effective and efficient manner.
- Contribute to project scrutiny and governance boards as required.
- Represent the Commercial Team at various project and Hub meetings, acting as a trusted advisor to the business.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for individuals who are able to demonstrate the following experience
- An accomplished professional with a track record of setting high standards and delivering results in a complex and demanding environment
- Experience at influencing decisions
- Demonstrable experience within a challenging and/or complex business environment
- Working with multiple stakeholders and being able to influence and constructively challenge when necessary.
- Building and maintaining strong and productive working relationships with varied stakeholders.
- Making effective decisions from analysing information and identifying key risks and options then making recommendations to senior colleagues.
- Communicating confidently and concisely. Effectively communicating with a wide range of stakeholders (at all levels) both in a technical and non-technical environment.
- Delivering improvements to ways of working and embedding change.
- Delivering projects under NEC conditions of contract
- Commercial or procurement experience
- Experience in civil engineering professional services
- Working in or with the Public Sector and knowledge of the Public Contract Regulations (PCR 2015)
What’s On Offer
Your Civil Service Pension is an extremely valuable part of your total reward package. Defra invests in providing a contribution to the cost of your pension (contribution rates vary between 20.0% and 24.5%) dependent upon salary. The contributions you make are deducted from your salary before tax is taken. Life assurance Your pension will continue to provide valuable benefits for you and your family if you are too ill to continue to work or die before you retire.
Generous Annual Leave and Bank Holiday Allowance Annual Leave We offer 25 days annual leave (rising, over 5 years, to 30 days) for full time new entrants to the Civil Service and those Civil Servants on modernised terms and conditions. Existing Civil Servants on pre-modernised terms will retain these. Bank Holiday You receive 8 public holidays a year together with an additional day in May to mark the Queen’s Birthday.
Staff Bonuses and Staff Recognition We offer you the opportunity to be recognised for your work through and end of year Performance Award. We also have a Staff Recognition Scheme, and in-year awards to reward exemplary work.
Bicycle Loan We offer interest-free loans towards the cost of a bike and a Cycle to Work Scheme. This means we loan you a bike for your commute as a tax-free benefit. At the end of the loan period you have the option to buy the bike, saving 30% of the original cost
Season Ticket Loan We offer interest-free season ticket loans, to you when you have more than three months’ service so that you have some help with the cost of purchasing train and bus season tickets and as well as station car parking
Employee Discounts You will have access to our discount scheme which offers savings at hundreds of top retailers.
Give as You Earn We are registered with the Give as You Earn scheme which enables you to make regular deductions directly from your salary in support of a chosen charity. This is simple and tax efficient.
Contact: Department for Environment Food and Rural AffairsDefra-logo-resized.pngSam Coleman
Quote job ref: JN-012022-5243959
Company: Michael Page
Job Location: Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org