This listing is about Millbank in Birchwood, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Engineering Project Manager
Our Client’s Engineering Division is growing fast and they need a talented Engineering Project Manager. This exciting new position is important to their growth strategy of providing high quality engineering, design and project services to their client’s.
As a key member of Engineering Team, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most stimulating and ground breaking EPC projects in the UK. Professional development of their Engineering Team is key to their success and if you join them, you will be given a Personal Development Plan, including training and further education along with more responsibility. At the same time, you will be part of the Clients global engineering organisation, which is a 5,000 strong community that can give you wider opportunities and the possibility to work abroad.
If you perform, then we will reward you with an attractive remuneration package, but also a lot of flexibility, of working hours, working from home etc
Together with your project team you’ll manage engineering projects
- These projects will range from Concept Design to Execution Design
- The projects will be for different sectors (Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Energy, Utilities, Chemicals, Food), small and large projects, and greenfield and brownfield. This size of the projects will be typically up to 20,000 hrs or £20M TIC
- You are responsible to manage and complete your projects within budget and planning. This includes change control and inter-discipline consistency of the design
- A project is only completed after the last invoice has been paid by the client
- Depending on size and complexity you may manage one project or a portfolio of projects
- Projects can be stand-alone engineering projects, where you are the clients focal point in front of the client, but your project can also be the engineering scope of a client’s EPCM / EPC project.
You will be expected to have the following profile: –
- More than 5 years of experience as Lead Discipline Engineer, Project Engineer, or Engineering Project Manager in an Engineering / EPCM / EPC company (required), in one of the above mentioned sectors
- Sound multidiscipline engineering knowledge
- HND / BSc / BEng / MSc in Engineering (Process / Chemical / Mechanical preferred)
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (Preferred)
- Result oriented: You are only satisfied if you complete a project profitably, all invoices are paid, you delivered top quality and the client is very satisfied with our client’s performance
- You plan and organize your project before you allow your team to start spending hours. You have a ‘one time right’ mentality
- You have experience implementing a solid change control procedure in your projects, and with your entrepreneurial and negotiation skills you come to a solution that is good for both the client and our client.
- You delegate to your project team, but at the same time you know exactly what is going on in your projects and intervene if required
- You are not afraid to defend Engineering’s interest in front of internal and external clients
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.
Job Location: Birchwood, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com