Website Partners In Health
This job listing is about Partners In Health in Maryland, Liberia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Position Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Analyst (TB)
Reports to: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Location: Montserrado County, Liberia
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Kazakhstan, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.
Position Overview And General Responsibilities
The Monitoring & Evaluation Analyst (TB) will support the National Leprosy & TB Control Program, Central MOH and Partners In Health to develop, implement and strengthen monitoring and evaluation across PIH-supported TB facilities. The M&E Analyst (TB) will be support the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer in the maintenance of data systems for the monitoring and reporting of activities related to DR-TB and TB programs, including data entry , data cleaning data analysis for TB related QI and research projects.
National Leprosy & TB Control Program and Central MOH (40% = 2 days/week or 8 days/month)
- Support in the maintenance of, and data entry for, various data systems to ensure proper capture and flow of TB information;
- Act as liaison between PIH and Central MOH to optimize DHIS2 for county-health TB and DR-TB M&E reporting
- Support review and refinement of TB paper systems (treatment cards, ledgers, reporting forms), and work with PIH/Maryland CHT for piloting
- Support routine data quality checks of TB and DR-TB data, and optimize DHIS2 systems for automating these processes including data dashboards and data validation rules
- Work with PIH supported counties and sites in quarterly TB and DR-TB data collection and timely submission/entry to data systems
- Support MOH in developing tools, systems and processes that monitor disparities and bottlenecks in access and utilization of Tuberculosis health services;
- Learn from and provide mentorship to MOH staff on relevant M&E topics;
- Support the Data analysis for TB related Quality improvement and research projects.
- Attend data review meetings with MOH as/when invited;
Partners In Health (60%)
- Maintain and optimize the DR-TB patient tracking systems, including data entry and maintenance
- Generate and distribute routine monitoring reports on DR-TB clinical and socioeconomic care
- Support M&E reporting activities for DR-TB and TB program, including generating routine grant reports and responding to clinical queries
- Support data collection, analysis and reporting to PIH clinical team on DR-TB and TB
- Establish system that ensures Social Protection Officer database contains up-to-date patient list
- Ensure that DR-TB patient tracking systems are harmonized between TB Annex and JJ Dossen DR-TB facility
- Ensure that PIH understands and supports reporting of on MOH priority M&E objectives and indicators;
- Provide direct mentorship and technical assistance to PIH staff on relevant M&E TB topics;
- Support program data review and analysis for both reporting purposes and new interventions
- Perform any other duties that may be required by the M&E department
The key competencies required for the position of M&E Analyst:
- Bachelor degree in Data Analytics, Bachelor degree in Health information and technology, Bachelor degree in Statistics, Bachelor degree in epidemiology.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in research, monitoring and evaluation or data collection preferred;
- High competency using Microsoft Excel and other programs in the Microsoft suite;
- Ability to utilize and troubleshoot M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations;
- Data analysis skills including use of standard statistical analytic packages (e.g STATA, SAS; familiarity with R a plus);
- Familiarity with DHIS2 and HMIS
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team with culturally diverse individuals and communities;
- Ability to work in a complex environment requiring significant collaboration;
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Effective written and oral communication;
- Training and facilitation skills;
- Demonstrated passion for strengthening the health system in Liberia
- Interpersonal skills – ability to communication style and content to audience, active listener, and provides constructive feedback
Commitment to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Sexual Harassment:
At Partners in Health, we are committed to ensuring that those who benefit from our work- including our patients, families and community members – as well as our staff are treated with dignity and respect and protected from sexual exploitation, abuse and sexual harassment. A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Partner in Health’s PSEAH policy. Partner in Health will request information from applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
Company: Partners In Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Maryland, Liberia
Application Deadline: N/A