This job listing is about FHI in Dushanbe, Dushanbe, Tajikistan 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
JOB TITLE: Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Technical Officer
PROJECT TITLE: USAID Tajikistan Tuberculosis (TB) Bilateral Activity
REPORT TO: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist, FHI 360 in Tajikistan
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of MERL Technical Officer for USAID Tajikistan Tuberculosis (TB) Bilateral Activity. The position will be based in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
USAID Tajikistan Tuberculosis (TB) Bilateral Activity is a five-year project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). USAID Tajikistan Tuberculosis (TB) Bilateral Activity aims to reduce the burden of TB in the Republic of Tajikistan. The project activity results are focuses on improving case detection and notification for all forms of TB, increasing the number of patients cured of all forms of TB, strengthening TB prevention by expanded preventive treatment and improved infection prevention and control (IPC) interventions, and strengthening TB system resilienceeliance in public health emergency.
Under the supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist, the MERL Technical Officer will work closely with the MEL Specialist to ensure timely completion and transmittal of routine project M&E data. S/he will assist with project research and pilot activities for the introduction of innovations including surveillance, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities to the project activities; and in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research. The MERL Technical Officer will assist with implementing M&E systems and procedures as per the USAID guidelines. This includes data collection, analysis, and reporting on key output, outcome, and impact indicators for the program. Undertake activities to support reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and M&E system strengthening actions.
- Conducts data collection and performs data entry, with preparation and sorting of collected information and identifying templates that need to be entered.
- Ensures accuracy of entered data and ensures consistency and alignment with the existing data.
- Assists in the review and verification of data generated ensuring that they are in line with the M&E reporting requirements.
- Assists in the review of the results of data analysis to ensure that they are in line with the M&E framework.
- Works closely with the MEL Specialist in project monitoring and reporting and to provide guidance and support to partners as needed.
- Provides training to partners as needed in the use of special FHI 360 tools.
- Participates in quality improvement plans which focus on M&E.
- Provides support to MEL Specialist in the development and implementation of monitoring tools, which will include, but not be limited to, data collection, analysis and reporting on program indicators.
- Supports the coordination and execution of activities such as organizing capacity building workshops for staff and partners, collecting and disseminating relevant information on monitoring, evaluation, and research.
- Assists in the preparation of progress quarterly M&E reports and uploads all approved M&E relevant reports into the online systems as required.
- Travels when needed to coordinate, monitor, and/or participate in related activities.
- Assists with project research activities, such as translation and transcription, as needed.
- Contributes to presentations in MS Word, Excel, and/or PowerPoint formats.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by the MEL Specialist and Head of FHI360 Branch in Tajikistan (Country Representative)
- BA/BS in public health, management, social sciences, statistics or equivalent work experiences.
- Minimum 5years of program monitoring experience, preferably in tuberculosis
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with providing program support for TB and DR-TB activities/projects is desired
- Experience in program monitoring and evaluation, data collection, and data management.
- Knowledge and experience in M&E and USAID reporting requirements is desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Competent in using Power BI, DHIS2, Microsoft Office package, particularly, Word, Excel, and Power Point and with experience using database, data visualization and data analysis software
- Ability to analyze data for and correct data errors and prepare reports
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and work with others effectively
- Prior experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO) preferred
- Fluency in English, Russian and Tajiki is required
- Position open to Tajik nationals .
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work and are subject to modification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dushanbe, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Application Deadline: N/A