This listing is about Morrisons in Bridgwater, England, United Kingdom
About the job
About The Role
Are you aged 18-24, unemployed and claiming Universal Credit?
If the answer is yes, then our Kickstart roles could be the perfect opportunity to start your career journey in food production and logistics. In order to apply you will need to speak your job centre work coach as all applications for these roles are by referral only.
Do you want to ‘kickstart’ and grow your career with the UK’s 2nd largest food manufacturer? It’s fast paced, high volume and extremely demanding, but a great place to learn new skills within logistics as part of the Government Kickstart scheme.
We’re looking for Warehouse & Fork Lift Truck Operatives to join a 6 month Kickstart programme at our Logistics sites where our products are received, picked, loaded, despatched and delivered to our stores for our customers.
What our Logistics 6 month Kickstart programme involves;
During your placement you will learn all about warehouse tasks, how products are brought in, picked, replenished, despatched and distributed to our stores and sites.
Our Logistics Programme Offers You The Chance To Learn Everything You Need To Kickstart Your Career In Logistics And Warehousing As Well Learning
- How to complete various warehouse tasks – with on the job training provided
- How to comply with all relevant business and site policies such as Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards
- Flexibility, adaptability, teamwork and how to work under pressure
- How to work in a fast paced environment with training on the use of a range of equipment such as Materials Handling Equipment and a Fork Lift truck
- Working in a warehouse environment with varying temperatures and conditions
Find out more about working in Logistics at Morrisons here .
As well as lots of enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and commit to the 6 month scheme you’ll also need:
- To be aged at between 16-24 years old
- Currently claiming Universal Credit
- Someone who can work at pace and isn’t afraid of a little hard work
- Someone who loves to work as part of a team
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced warehouse environment and ability to understand relevant processes, systems and equipment
- Someone who can work flexibly, adapt quickly and have a proactive approach with willingness to learn new skills and techniques
About The Company
We’re foodmakers and shopkeepers. Together, #WeMakeMorrisons. And everyone’s welcome here. We work as one team to help feed the nation and make sure people can get the food they need. It’s all of our jobs.
As the only UK retailer with our own manufacturing business spread across 18 sites, not to mention nearly 500 stores, we’ve lots of opportunities for you to play your part. So, whether you want to make the freshest food, sell it, or even join us in our head office, we’d love to meet you.
And with all the support you need to be your best, you won’t just help us make Morrisons – you’ll build a rewarding career for yourself, too
We’re a diverse and inclusive employer. And we don’t just say it, we show it. Everyone is welcome at Morrisons!
Here’s what we’re offering
In return for your hard work, you’ll get a great pension, private healthcare (applicable roles), colleague & friends and family discounts, money off at over 850 retailers with My Perks, and much more.
Job Location: Bridgwater, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com