Website Mott MacDonald
This listing is about Mott MacDonald in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Are you a qualified Project Manager? Do you have experience delivering major water infrastructure projects? Then this is the job for you, please read on.
While reporting directly to the Project Director, the role will see you leading and managing complex workstreams on major infrastructure projects in the North of England. This opportunity will enable you to shape the direction of our growing Project management team and be part of the senior team delivering a nationally significant portfolio of projects. You will drive innovation of our service delivery and provide mature programme and project management advice to the team and an integrated client.
Key Duties Will Include
- Delivery of commission obligations and internal project performance
- Building and managing strong relationships with senior client representative
- Establishing effective communications across the project delivery, client and stakeholder teams
- Taking the lead on problem solving and decision making
- Team leadership, resource planning and management
- Controlling the internal and external commercial aspects of projects across a range of contractual arrangements
- Development and implementation of project, programme and business management systems across project teams
- Coaching and Mentoring Project Managers and more junior members of staff in project management
- Managing risk to the business and to our clients
- Securing opportunities and repeat business
- Ensure the commercial viability of projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrable collaborative behaviours
- Proven leadership skills with ability to adapt leadership style
- Engineering and/or Project Management d egree or relevant successful experience in project management
- Membership of the APM, PMI, or RICS
- Ideally chartered or working towards chartership
- Substantial project management expertise
- Broad experience in the public sector environment
- Significant experience in administering a wide range of contracts
- Substantial experience of managing and leading project teams to successful outcomes
- Strong client and stakeholder relationship building skills
- Effective communication, with clients, project team, business manager and other business units
- High degree of commercial acumen and knowledge of planning and project controls
- Ability to motivate, inspire and develop high performing teams
- Ability to create an enjoyable and fulfilling work environment
- Strong focus on health and wellbeing
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £million’s to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions .
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at [email protected] and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We Can Offer
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
England – North West
Europe and Central Asia
Management consultancy, Project management, Water and wastewater
Company: Mott MacDonald
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org