Website National Nuclear Laboratory
This listing is about National Nuclear Laboratory in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Job Description for Technology Commercialisation Manager:
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
Support the delivery and management of NNL’s innovation portfolio, promoting an innovative culture across the business to ensure NNL can deliver nuclear science that benefits society.
The location is flexible, can be based in Warrington or Workington.
All applicants are required to provide a covering letter to accompany your CV as part of the job application explaining how you are suitable for the role and how your education, skills and experience match the job requirements. Please upload your covering letter and CV as one document.
Main Responsibilities for Technology Commercialisation Manager:
- Critically assess ideas and award funding to commercially viable opportunities submitted from within NNL.
- Develop, protect, manage and exploit the knowledge and intellectual property arising from the research of NNL.
- Propose and manage the route to commercialisation for specific projects, developing the business case and value proposition of a technology, and actively market those to prospective customers. This may include handover to business units, licensing or spin out companies.
- Build trusting partnerships with colleagues across NNL to help nurture an innovative culture.
- Develop and maintain extensive external networks of potential customers, licensees, and investors.
- Develop partnerships between NNL and 3rd parties to deliver innovation and novel technologies into the nuclear sector.
- Work with external businesses to support them in commercialising new ideas, including providing links to NNL’s technical and facilities teams.
- Ability to facilitate and organise innovation workshop to generate ideas and challenges.
- Support the Head of Innovation in commercialising viable technologies.
Essential Criteria for Technology Commercialisation Manager:
- Degree qualified in a Scientific / Engineering discipline or equivalent level of relevant experience.
- Experience of technology transfer tasks, particularly market evaluation, product development and stakeholder engagement.
- Experience of assessing ideas and developing commercialisation strategies.
- Experience of developing and maintaining business relationships with external organisations.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely for internal and external audiences.
- Ability to see the potential in technologies which could be adopted, including those from other sectors.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well in written and spoken form with all levels of the organisation and external stakeholders.
- Be self-motivated and have good time management and organisational skills: be able to define priorities and work flexibly and effectively under pressure to meet demanding (and sometimes conflicting) deadlines, within set time / financial constraints.
- Personal integrity to deal with confidential and sensitive material.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Ability to obtain SC level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years’ worth of UK residency).
Desirable Criteria for Technology Commercialisation Manager:
- MSc, PhD or MBA.
- An understanding of intellectual property practices.
- An understanding of the nuclear industry and how it links to the wider energy sector.
- Experience of negotiating deals and relationships covering projects ranging from the formation of new spin-out companies and license deals.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Experience in an external engagement role or similar.
About The Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
Company: National Nuclear Laboratory
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A