NatWest Group Jobs as Lead Engineer at Leeds,England,UnitedKingdom 2022
Website NatWest Group
This Job Listing is about NatWest Group in Leeds,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, visit the remote and flexible working page on our website to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
Join us as a Lead Engineer
- This is an opportunity for a driven Lead Engineer to join us and drive the technical delivery of a software engineering team
- You’ll be responsible for leading solution design options and explaining the pros and cons to key stakeholders for appropriate decision making
- Hone your existing technical skills and advance your career in this innovative and challenging role
- This is a remote 1st role (UK) with a requirement to attend the Bristol office 2 days a month
What you’ll do
In this role, you’ll manage a team of developers and set the technical direction of the deliveries, applying the principles and methodologies of software engineering to the technical design, development, testing, and maintenance of applications and services.
We’ll look to you to oversee the work quality of the software engineering team, making sure that it meets the technical standards for all services output, as well as implementing a culture of concise and comprehensive technical documentation as a continuous process.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Monitoring the technical progress against plans, while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance and providing updates to stakeholders
- Leading and mentoring the team in the understanding of relevant software languages and technical domains
- Driving the adoption of software engineering principles, processes and best practices
- Liaising with engineers, architects, business analysts and other key stakeholders to understand the objectives, requirements and options
- Designing and developing high-volume, high-performance and high-availability applications using proven frameworks and technologies
The skills you’ll need
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture, as well as experience in providing technical leadership and accountability for a software engineering team.
We’ll also look to you to have experience of test-driven development and the use of automated test frameworks, mocking, stubbing and unit testing tools, along with knowledge of the key phases of the software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Proven knowledge of Java and web technologies (e.g. Java 8/11, REST, Swagger/RAML, XML, JSON) and web security (e.g. identity management, OAuth 2.0).
- Excellent understanding of API design tool (e.g. Swagger tools) and API Management platforms.
- Experience with leading teams of software developers
- Track record in design and development of backend services/web services.
- DevOps knowledge including Docker, OpenShift, GitLab and Jenkins.
- Any experience in Avaloq Core, Avaloq Front or Apache Kafka is an asset.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Apply for this job