ADMINISTRATIVE/TECHNICAL SPECIALIST in NAVSEA Warfare Centers NSWCNUWC Bella Vista, Panamá, Panama
Website NAVSEA Warfare Centers NSWCNUWC
This job listing is about NAVSEA Warfare Centers NSWCNUWC in Bella Vista, Panamá, Panama 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
You will serve as an Administrative/Technical Specialist in the Corporate Operations Support Staff; Corporate Operations Department of NAVSURFWARFCTR PANAMA CITY DIVISION.
This position is part of the Warfare Centers Personnel Demonstration Project. NT-04 is equivalent to GS-11/12.
Learn more about this agency
This job is open to
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL) Federal employees who meet the definition of a “surplus” or “displaced” employee.
- Internal to an agency Current federal employees of this agency.
- Land & base management Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
- Military spouses
- Special authorities Individuals eligible under a special authority not listed above, but defined in the federal hiring regulations.
Clarification from the agency
Current permanent employees of UIC 61331, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) eligibles, and VEOA eligibles.
- You will provide financial management to assigned Divisions and programs such as Financial Administration, Budget Management, and Personnel Administration.
- You will serve as the financial approver for all individual training requests (conferences, college courses, and technical training).
- You will apply and interpret DoN, NAVSEA, NSWC PCD and Department financial management processes and procedures to daily financial tasking.
- You will conduct reviews and prepare actual and projected financial estimates and justifications in support or program goals and objectives.
- You will provide tailored, customized reports to project managers and department management to facilitate execution of department business.
- You will applying complex fact-finding, analytical, and problem solving methods and techniques to financial and personnel data.
- You will compile, analyze, and summarize financial data for overhead department budgets, service cost centers, and individual projects (direct and overhead).
- You will calculate expenditures and obligations, and project expenditure rates in relation to funding expiration dates.
- You will provide financial support and perform analysis for Service Cost Centers in support of current year and future years’ plans.
- You will apply knowledge and analytical ability for a wide range of financial, project personnel practices and principles in order to analyze and develop recommendations for management.
Requirements Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Per the preliminary nationwide injunction on E.O. 14043, COVID-19 vaccinations will not be implemented or enforced. For more information on vaccine status and workplace safety protocol requirements see Additional Information below.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the NT-03 (GS-09/10 equivalent) pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector analyzing financial resources for a program or organization. Examples of specialized experience may include: formulating, justifying, or overseeing the execution of budgets; advising management or customers on financial policies or regulations; conducting financial planning & control, budgeting, or financial analysiseporting; analyzing or reviewing financial data or reports using business tools or applications; evaluating financial performance metrics to provide recommendations.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
In lieu of specialized experience, you may qualify with the following education or combination of both education and experience:
Successful completion of a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.
Successful completion of three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent degree.
Successful completion of an LL.M. degree that is related to the position being filled.
A combination of specialized experience and graduate education as described above that equates to one year of experience.
A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information.
COVID VACCINATION INFORMATION: To comply with the recent preliminary nationwide injunction on Executive Order 14043, Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees, the Department of the Navy is not taking any action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement. New hires will need to provide their vaccination status as well as comply with workplace safety protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy’s Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
ICTAP Applicants: To be considered well-qualified and exercise selection priority as an ICTAP candidate, displaced Federal employees must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a rating in the highly qualified category (score 85) or higher. ICTAP candidates must provide copies of all of the following documentation at the time of application: 1) agency notice; 2) most recent performance appraisal; and 3) most recent SF-50 or notification of personnel action that includes position, grade level, and duty location. Applicants who do not provide this documentation will not receive consideration as an ICTAP candidate. For more information about ICTAP eligibility please review the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/ictap/
Military Spouse Preference applicants will receive priority consideration at the Full Performance Level (FPL) and if determined to be Best Qualified at the FPL, and selected, must be placed at the FPL. A BQ military spouse possesses knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies comparable to others who meet the competitive referral criteria for the specific position.
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new window Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
Company: NAVSEA Warfare Centers NSWCNUWC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bella Vista, Panamá, Panama
Application Deadline: N/A