Non Instructional Aide in Jubilee Academies Parma, OH
Website Jubilee Academies
This job listing is about Jubilee Academies in Parma, OH 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Position Title: Non-Instructional Aide
Position Type: Salaried ($21,875 annual) / Non-Exempt
Position Hours: Full-time; Monday – Friday; 40 Hours per Week
Length of Term/Employment: 190 workdays / At-will
Reports to: Campus principal
Position Mission: Provide support to any-and-all areas that directly and indirectly impact the effective operations of our Jubilee campuses, as directed by the campus administration team.
Position Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least 48+ semester hours at an Institute of Higher Education is highly preferred.
- Ability to work well with children.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of general office equipment, safety equipment, and food service equipment.
- 2-5 years of previous experience working with children in a school setting highly desired.
- Fulfill duties as a substitute teacher as needed.
- Supervises students in buildings and on school grounds as assigned.
- Inspect lavatories, hallways, parking lots and other specific locations of the building and grounds on a regular basis.
- Handles routine student concerns and minor disciplinary situations in accordance with school policy and procedures.
- Assists school personnel during fire drills, building evacuations and other emergency situations as directed by the building principal or designee; makes certain the building is clear of students; assists with student management and performs other related tasks.
- Ensure students maintain good order and discipline while transitioning between classes or other intended locations, as directed by administrators, teachers, or other staff.
- Provide support to office personnel on an as-needed basis.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Work hours will be determined by campus admin.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures listed in the employee handbook.
- Maintains a good working relationship with Jubilee Academies’ staff and parents.
- Actively supports and participates in fundraising activities of Jubilee Academies.
- Participates in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Participates in faculty meetings, special events, and committee assignments.
Charter & Community Responsibilities:
- Convey the charter’s mission to the public and encourage support in accomplishing the mission.
- Illustrate understanding of Charter and community needs and begin activities to meet those needs.
- Demonstrate use of productive and efficient skills to raise community and parent involvement.
- Actively participate in student recruitment efforts.
- Encourage a constructive, thoughtful climate for learning.
- Promote fairness of students and staff from all cultural backgrounds.
- Communicate with students and staff in an effective manner that promotes and sustains the Jubilee culture.
- Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Moderate and prolonged standing.
- Stooping, bending, pulling, pushing, and lifting required.
- Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment and supplies.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Company: Jubilee Academies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Parma, OH
Application Deadline: N/A