Security Assistant Afghanistan Kunar in Norwegian Refugee Council Kabul, Kabul Province, Afghanistan
Website Norwegian Refugee Council
This job listing is about Norwegian Refugee Council in Kabul, Kabul Province, Afghanistan 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
The purpose of the Security Assistant is to support the Security Officer to implement the security functions at a Field Office and support the program on security related issues.
The following is a brief description of the role.
For more details about this position please click here: Job Description and NRC Grade Structure .
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Provide technical support to the area office on all security policies, procedures, guideline and planning for staff safety, operational security, and program continuity.
- Ensure compliance to NRC security management framework within the SMP and all annexes.
- Work with security manager/officer to develop, consolidate and implement operation procedures contingency plans.
- Conduct risk assessments of equipment and the protocols by which that equipment is used, to ensure that minimal conditions for security are being met.
- Conduct Security risk assessment for all the operational and new area.
- Building acceptance to empower and expand humanitarian programming.
- Develop ongoing relationships with local authorities as needed and other power brokers within.
- Work to ensure that NRC, its mission, and work in the region is known and accepted.
- Work to encouraged stakeholders to work with NRC in ensuring that staff and programs are safe and allowed to continue humanitarian activities in Afghanistan.
- In coordination with security manager liaise with relevant security actor s e.g., NGO security focal points, other NGO security coordinators, region UNDSS contracts, local community stakeholders, Governors, etc.
- Ensuring that minimum operating security standards and procedures are implemented in the field office and promptly report to supervisor when gaps are present- up to date list of safe heavens etc.
- Providing on the job capacity building and ad hoc trainings to NRC staff-program and support-on security related topics.
- Liaise with logistic team to ensure that communication equipment, NRC premises security set up and contingency stocks are in place, operational and matching required standards.
- Ensuring that the NRC guards have the necessary training and understanding of how to perform their duties in a professional way.
- Preparing the monthly guard schedule and ensure that the necessary guard force is present at all times at NRC compounds i.e. Office, Guesthouses and warehouse.
Generic Professional Competencies:
- University Degree.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge in security instruments, their usage and knowledge i.e. satellite, VHF and other communication items.
- Ability to gain a precise understanding of the various local, regional, country, and international policies, operational positions, and interactions, providing clear dynamic briefings and analysis of given and unfolding security and political situations when they occur.
- Strong security analysis skills as general and knowledge of security context of the region.
- Strong spoken, written, and expressive English, Pashto and Dari languages skills.
- Sound Knowledge of Context, Culture, and Area (Kunar).
- Handling insecure environment.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Company: Norwegian Refugee Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kabul, Kabul Province, Afghanistan
Application Deadline: N/A