Website Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
This listing is about Nuclear Decommissioning Authority in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
This role is a level 8-9, permanent and the location is flexible
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) and its subsidiary operating companies
are custodians of some of the most hazardous nuclear material in the world. We are responsible for delivering Europe’s largest environmental clean-up programme. Unrivalled in our nuclear capability, our expertise spans waste treatment, storage and transport.
Security and Corporate Services (S&CS) within the NDA Corporate Centre provides the necessary functional support activities within the NDA Group, which ensures that the domains of Information Communication Technology (ICT), Information Governance (IG), Information Security (IS/Cyber Security), Security & Resilience (S&R) and Corporate Centre Services, operate securely, creatively, transparently and effectively in the delivery of the NDA mission.
There are some important responsibilities that are common to all businesses within the NDA Group:
- Inform our stakeholders and the public on strategy, decisions and performance;
- Inform, educate and motivate our people;
- Enhance and protect our reputation;
- Support the Group and its individual businesses.
The S&CS Functional effort is to enable mission progress. To help the five disciplines work together on this common goal, this strategy has identified four foci of interest for the business. These foci define how the disciplines will Lead, Govern, Share, Engage and map to priorities in each of the five disciplines. It is fundamentally important that the needs of the business are driven by agile functions delivering their part of the decommissioning mission. How S&CS engage and guide to facilitate that activity is a key success factor for the NDA Group.
The NDA is looking for a Group Chief Architect that will drive our Technology Strategy, Target Architecture and implementation of architectural standards across our Group technology estate.
As Chief Architect you will report to the Group CIO and be a key member of the ICT Senior Leadership team, an effective ambassador able to liaise with all parts of the Group organisation and will be responsible for the day to day management of the company’s Architecture Function, working closely with the other IT Heads of Department.
You will be a Chief Architect who is innovative, curious and prospers against the challenge of working closely with multiple businesses in the Group to solve complex and challenging problems. This will be a key role in the Group taking architectural and technical ownership of solutions across the business and working amongst the Group in development of wider strategic solutions and opportunities for greater collaboration across the Group. This will include building solutions from core business requirements, working with key suppliers and ensuring outputs match business demand along with ensuring the business maintains relevance with standards and security principles.
This role requires someone who is experienced working in a Matrix environment, working with direct and indirect reports where collaboration is critical to getting things done, and provides the opportunity to be truly innovative, Accountable for leading, managing and balancing the Enterprise and Architecture program to run, grow and transform the business. The role offers both strategic and tactical opportunities designing and enabling future-state business capabilities with a focus on technology disruption, speed, agility, and flexibility that enables and drives new business models and designs, while meeting today’s business needs, as well as the focus on the immediate challenges implementing controls and strategies to enable IT to continue to support the business applying industry best practice.
- Define an Architecture Strategy within IT aligning to business strategy & objectives
- Develop and maintain a robust and resilient Architecture Governance Framework that aligns to the other IT Functions
- Define and implement Enterprise, Solution, Infrastructure and data architecture principles and standards
- Keeping up to date of Architecture, IT Strategy and technology innovation best practices and digital & market trends
- Defining a full Technical Architectural Roadmap for the technology landscape
- Visibility and understanding including document remediation of the entire technology landscape
- Define the technology solution and environment roadmaps to ensure capacity and scalability, as demand and usage evolve within the business
- Oversee adherence to the architecture strategy, principles and framework
- Lead the effort to define and validate best practice architecture principles and standards
- Ensuring that systems are architected in line with InfoSec requirements
- Communicating architecture and IT standards to all stakeholders and ensure standards are published, updated and adhered to
- Evaluating, designing, solutioning and trouble-shooting Architecture across all Group IT functions
- Security implementations in line with NCSC good practice
- Exceptional communication skills with diverse and adverse audiences – Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Engage with technical discussions with the technical lead and senior stakeholders.
- Work with Architects, Analysts and Engineers to review business requirements and ensure alignment on both Corporate Centre and Group
- Working with Information Governance and Cyber security teams on IT lifecycle processes, legislation and associative risks which are key in ensuring governance, control and assurance throughout delivery
- Working with policy and governance teams to update and assess legislation & policies applied to NDA project operations throughout the NDA.
- Work with suppliers, building relationships to provide projects & Services to the NDA
- Working closely with Information Assurance and Cyber Security Managers on all aspects of the NDA Risk process relating to projects & solutions framework
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Shares and demonstrates the NDA values of, respect, openness, collaboration, performance and creativity
- Proven track record in IT.
- Significant experience in Enterprise and Solution Architecture and underlying frameworks such as TOGAF, with demonstrable experience of leading an Architecture function
- Experience in defining IT vision, strategy and roadmaps
- Experience in the development of standards, procedures and policies
- Experience in defining and developing high-volume, horizontally scalable architectures and infrastructure in an enterprise scale environment.
- A proven track record for delivering architecture for several large-scale IT projects, with direct responsibility for designing and implementing highly available and resilient solutions including active-active failover for business continuity
- Demonstrable experiencing of working with Enterprise Systems, Platforms and Networks within both a datacentre environment and a cloud environment
- Significant experience of risk assessment and management across both IT and Business domains
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills. Building engagement with senior stakeholders, explaining complex issues and selling the architectural vision
- Demonstrable knowledge of architecture governance through the use of enterprise architecture artefacts including principles, policies, views, viewpoints and building block
- Demonstrable knowledge of the IT marketplace and trends within end user organisations processing large amounts of data and multimedia content.
- Demonstrable knowledge of real-time data and content systems, distribution and on-demand architectures.
- Excellent knowledge of Cloud-based services.
- Extensive experience in designing complex data and multi-media contribution and distribution networks.
- Shares and demonstrates the NDA values of, Respect, Openness, Collaboration, Performance and Creativity
- Experience of working in a matrix environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to hold a minimum of UK Security Clearance (SC)
- High resilience and the diplomacy to deal with ambiguity and change.
- Experience with data sovereignty situations and options to comply
- Understanding of the ICT programme assurance process and value for money assessments
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best. At NDA, we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive. We value the diversity of our people and actively seek to have a workforce that represents the rich diversity of the communities we support. Currently, we are underrepresented in some areas, and would particularly welcome applicants from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBTQ+ and candidates who have a disability.
NDA is a member of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all candidates who have a disability who meet all of the essential criteria for the vacancy. In cases where we have a high volume of candidates who have a disability who meet all of the essential criteria, we will interview the best candidates from within that group.
We are happy to talk flexible working.
Please send you CV and covering letter to [email protected].
Company: Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A