OCS Group UK Jobs as Security Officer at Cambridge,England,UnitedKingdom 2022
Website OCS Group UK
This Job Listing is about OCS Group UK in Cambridge,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
We are recruiting for a Security Officer based on site at His Majesty’s Court & Tribunal Service buildings.
You’ll be working Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week. There is no weekend or night work, but we do offer overtime on a Saturday, Sunday and Bank holidays or as and when required. You will be paid monthly, on or around the 10th of every month.
We offer a competitive rate of pay, great corporate benefits, plus over time paid at x 1.25 weekdays, x1.5 on Saturday and x 2 on Sunday and Bank holidays.
So, what does a typical day as a Court & Tribunal Security Officer look like? This is not your average Security job and every day within the Courts brings something new. Some of your day will involve physical searching and the use of a hand-held metal detector.
The majority of your day will consist of monitoring and securing the building, as well as, interacting and building rapport with all Court users, in a unique, friendly environment. Don’t just take our word for it, apply now to start your new journey with OCS!
In order to comply with British Standards BS7499 and BS10800 and to ensure our ISO 9001 and SIA ACS status is maintained, this role also requires satisfactory completion of a medical questionnaire. Please note that this requirement is not intended to prevent you from obtaining the role, but to ensure you are fit to perform the role in line with the above British Standards. OCS are an equal opportunities employer and we will look to accommodate disabilities where possible.
Your Main Responsibilities Will Include…
- Control of access doors and gates to make sure that only authorised people and vehicles are permitted access
- Working with a team, conducting a physical search of all court users, as well as entry searches of all persons entering buildings via public entrances
- Prevention of and dealing with security incidents
- Making sure the correct and agreed evacuation procedures are followed
- Carry out instructions from members of the Judiciary to attend court and in some circumstances remove individuals from the Court or Court Room
- Respond rapidly to personal attack alarms throughout the building
- Testing of alarm systems, and accurately recording the data
- Carrying out regular patrols of the building and its environment as required
- Issue and collection of visitors and contractors’ passes and escort of visitors and contractors
- Monitoring CCTV equipment
- Supervision of contractors and cleaners etc. in secure areas
- Opening up and closing down the building, ensuring the alarm system is set
To succeed in this role you will need the following:
- Strong customer service skills
- SIA licence – essential
- A clean DBS History (Drink Driving excluded)
What will you get in return?
- 22 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays
- Entitled to company sick pay
- A pension scheme- to save for the future – eligibility rules apply
- Access to high street discounts
- Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme ‘OCS Stars’- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated ‘Impact’ Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Wellbeing Support
Why join OCS Group Ltd?
OCS prides itself as a company with strong family values and we are passionate about hiring people who demonstrate the same.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS. If you share these Values, we want you to be part of our team.
OCS have a well-respected brand and our colleagues are empowered to be the best version of themselves. We offer job stability and are committed to developing our colleagues by offering more than just a job. We are a financially stable business who continues to be privately owned since its inception in 1900.
We reward those who demonstrate our values and since the launch of our OCS Star recognition scheme we have rewarded nearly 1,500 colleagues with monetary vouchers, certificates, and public recognition within the business.
We invest and support the growth of our people and are currently sponsoring over 310 colleagues who are enrolled in a variety of apprenticeship programmes, ranging from Level 3 qualifications in customer service to degree programmes in Leadership. If you want to develop you career, OCS is a great choice.
OCS offers the family feel of smaller organisations although large enough to offer so many opportunities. We recognise your efforts and contribution and show our appreciation through a variety of reward schemes which in turn results in our colleagues staying with OCS. Our business is the family you can choose, and our people stay for the friendships, opportunities, and career fulfilment we offer.