Website Ombudsman Services
This listing is about Ombudsman Services in Daresbury, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Compliance Administrator – Temporary (6 Months), Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Daresbury, Warrington (Hybrid working – 3 days in office, 2 days working from home)
Salary: £20,000 – £21,000 (Dependent upon experience) plus excellent benefits
Who we are:
We’re a purpose-led not for profit organisation with people at the heart of what we do. Our mission is to build trust by ensuring that businesses treat their customers fairly.
Our nationwide team of over 500 colleagues provide impartial dispute resolution to consumers and small businesses who haven’t been able to resolve complaints directly with energy suppliers, communications providers or parking operators.
We’re also dedicated to helping businesses to improve their service and customer experience. We do this through sharing insight and by working together to address industry-wide issues that benefit all consumers.
Our colleagues help to resolve over 150,000 complaints and appeals each year and our work demonstrates our values of empathy, openness, balance and courage.
We have a community-centred, caring culture which has been acknowledged through gaining the ‘Great Place to Work’ accreditation for two years running. We’re also committed to doing good through local and national charitable initiatives where we work to see improvements in the lives of others.
Whilst we’ve adopted hybrid working practices, we enjoy being together in our newly refurbished offices which include fantastic collaborative spaces for work and wellbeing, including our own in-house gym and therapy room.
We also celebrate the diversity of our working communities, enjoying the richness of shared experiences and freedom to be ourselves.
If you’re excited by our mission and want to be part of a community dedicated to making a difference we’d love to connect with you.
What you’ll be doing
The Compliance team are our go to colleagues for anything and everything related to Data protection legislation, including dealing with Subject Access Requests (SAR’s), potential Data protection breaches and other UK GDPR requests. They conduct initial analysis and verification of all suspected breaches of data protection legislation, evaluate risk and propose how we might need to respond. Activities also include handling large volumes of SARs, and processing applications for ‘Right of Erasure’, and Right to object” in accordance with data protection legislation.
Members of this team are crucial in the digital era we are in. They are analytical, detail focussed, organised and are comfortable in liaising with internal and external customers to ensure adherence to SLA and legislative timescales. There is a lot to get through so you must be comfortable in working at pace and processing a lot of data.
Who we’re looking for:
- You’re an advocate for exceptional customer service
- You’re are able to communicate with a broad range of consumers, both internal and external
- a variety of communication methods
- A flexible, clear and analytical thinker, who’s able to assess a situation, respond, mitigate risk
- make decisions confidently and quickly
- You take pride in the quality of your work, care about the details and are able to establish and
- root cause with appropriate interventions
- You’re organised and enjoy meeting expected deliverables in line with required timeframes
- You enjoy a fast-paced, detail focussed environment in a varied role who’s comfortable with a
- of administrative tasks.
- Our values come naturally to you
- If you have knowledge of Privacy and Electronic Regulation Communications (PECR) or Records
- Processing Activities (ROPA) experience, we’d love to hear more about it.
What you’re looking for:
- If you have experience of working within a compliance team, understand data protection and have processed many SARs, you’d probably be really comfortable in this role
- If you’re looking for opportunities to develop, we provide access to tools such as LinkedIn Learning and have a dedicated Academy program to support your professional and personal development
- If you’re looking to progress in your career, we provide both open opportunities across the business and clear pathways within departments
The benefits of working with us include:
· 26 Days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Enhanced contributory pension
- Health and Life Assurance Options
- On site facilities including subsidised restaurant, free gym, and free parking
- Superior modern offices with bespoke facilities to encourage creativity and wellbeing
- Access to an Individual benefits package
Hours of work:
· 37.5 hours per week between the hours of Monday to Friday 8am-6pm
- Hybrid working – 3 community days (TBC) in the office at Daresbury Park and 2 days working from home each week.
Diversity & Inclusion
We celebrate the diversity of our working community, enjoying the richness of shared experiences and freedom to be ourselves. We’re committed to fairness and equity for all ages, abilities, gender identities, races, beliefs, sexual orientations and status’s.
If you’re excited by our mission, identify with who we’re looking for and want to be part of our community we’d invite you to apply to join us.
We appreciate all of the applications we receive and will be in touch as soon as we can. Please watch out for our emails or phone calls (which may be from a withheld number).
To find out more and how to apply please see below.
Company: Ombudsman Services
Job Location: Daresbury, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A