Website Ivindo Iron
This job listing is about Ivindo Iron in Ogooué-Ivindo, Gabon 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Ivindo Iron is a Joint Venture between Fortescue Metals Group and the Africa Transformation and Industrialization Fund (ATIF) on the Belinga Iron Project.
The Project is located in the Republic of Gabon, West Africa, and is potentially one of the world’s largest undeveloped, high-grade hematite deposits.
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated Operations Manager to join our in-country team for the Belinga Iron Ore Project reporting to the Project Director.
Position Title: Early Operations Manager
Work Location: Gabon, Africa
Duration : 2 years
Manage and oversee in-country development works for an initial small scale mining operation for the Belinga Iron Ore Project.
The role will initially focus on early works aspects and development of the mine-based infrastructure (mine, ore processing facility, non-process infrastructure and site access road upgrade). There may be some oversight required in relation to the upgrade of existing rail and port facilities, although a specialist could be engaged for these areas depending on the extent of upgrade works required, which is currently being studied.
There is potential for the role to continue into the production phase of the small scale operation.
The role will report to the Gabon based Project Director, with several engineers reporting to the successful applicant initially.
There will be synergies with a larger feasibility study already underway for the Project, and it is anticipated there would be technical support available from the Perth-based Studies team if needed from time to time.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review and revise, if needed, the Project execution plan and schedule
- Provide guidance on mine design and site layout
- Oversee project development works, before potentially transitioning into the production phase.
- Build and manage a team of direct reports to enable the planned works
- Provide progress updates to senior management
- Manage the development budget, with support from the in-country team (e.g. scheduler, cost controller). Support from Perth as needed.
Qualification and Experience:
- Mining or civil engineering degree (or similar experience) is preferred
- Demonstrated success in operations management and site establishment, preferably in West African or other high rainfall, high relief environments.
- Previous involvement or review of operations and/or feasibility studies advantageous.
- Bilingual English / French advantageous
- Contract management, commercial acumen and computer literacy
- Providing strong, effective leadership to the in-country Project development team.
Company: Ivindo Iron
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ogooué-Ivindo, Gabon
Application Deadline: N/A