Website Osborne Clarke
This listing is about Osborne Clarke in Bristol, England, United Kingdom
About the job
“Great quality in specialist areas…, which is hard to find outside London” – Chambers UK
We are looking for lawyers to join our highly regarded top tier Corporate team with opportunities across Mergers & Acquisitions, Capital Markets & Governance work as this team continues to grow. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-respected and expanding team with the prospect of a varied and complex workload. You will have the opportunity to work on both national and international deals whilst all the time pursuing sector interests.
The Bristol team provide the full spectrum of corporate services including private equity, venture capital, mergers & acquisitions, equity capital markets, fund formation and financial services. We focus on acting for clients at the forefront of the key sectors of digital business, energy & utilities, financial services, transport & automotive and real estate & infrastructure. With clients such as large quoted companies, privately owned businesses, banks, financial institutions and private equity houses, in the last year the team have acted on over 60 deals with an aggregate value of over £2billion.
To find out more about the practice, please see the link below.
“As lawyers I find them straightforward, pragmatic and enjoyable to work with” – Chambers UK
The Bristol-based part of the team is led by David Ferris and also comprises of 8 further Partners, a Legal Director, 3 Associate Directors, 4 Senior Associates, 6 Associates, 3 Trainee Solicitors, 2 Paralegals and 1 Solicitor Apprentice. The team is part of, and works closely, with Corporate colleagues in Osborne Clarke LLP’s Thames Valley and London offices, meaning that the department is made up of 70 lawyers overall.
Recent Work Undertaken By The Team Includes
- Advised longstanding client Hargreaves Lansdown (FTSE100 financial services business) on its sale of Funds Library.
- We advised on the sale of Techmodal Limited to BAE Systems Surface Ships (Holdings) Limited.
- Advised on a secondary placing and open offer for Creo Medical Group plc.
- Provided advice to Veezu Holdings Ltd in connection with re-financing of the Company.
- Advised Invesco Software Limited on its £120m investment from Five Arrows Principal Investments, the European corporate private equity arm of Rothschild & Co.
- Advised Foresight Group LLP on the solar development joint ventures with Elgin Energy and Island Green Power.
- Advised the shareholders and management team of Western Global, the leading provider of industrial liquid storage and dispensing solutions, on a £90m transaction backed by MML Capital.
- Advised Business Growth Fund on its lead investment in the £58m funding of Elvie, the revolutionary global health and lifestyle brand developing iconic products for women.
- Advised Synova on the MBO of JM Glendinning Limited and three subsequent bolt-ons for the JMG Group.
- Supported The Renewables Infrastructure Group (UK) Limited on the acquisition of windfarm project company Blary Hill Energy Limited.
- We advised telecoms provider Destiny on its acquisition of Swedish based Telepo from Mitel.
- Advised Lloyds Development Capital on its investment into Plimsoll Productions, one of the largest independent television production companies in the UK and Sohonet, a leading international provider of connectivity, collaboration software, media services and network security.
Technical Skills And Experience
You will have gained a wide range of experience within Corporate matters in a similar role. Due to the ongoing expansion of the team we are looking for candidates at all levels of experience.
Your career development
At Each Stage Of Your Career This Provides You With
Like all our lawyers, you will benefit from our multi-award winning career development programme.
- clear expectations of your role and what it takes to progress;
- high quality clients and work, with early responsibility and client exposure;
- thorough assessment and individual feedback from a range of experienced colleagues;
- robust technical training with early skills based development, increasingly tailored to you; and
- reward for your contribution, progression and potential, rather than PQE or tenure.
Salary And Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits .
For more information or to apply
At Osborne Clarke we welcome direct applications – if you would like any further information about the role, or the firm, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact, in complete confidence, Rachael Hardwick in the recruitment team on [email protected] .
At Osborne Clarke we value difference and encourage applicants from all social backgrounds, ethnicities, disabilities, gender identities, and sexual or romantic orientations. We want everyone to feel that OC is a place where you can be yourself and where you belong, and our range of interest groups and diversity networks – not to mention our great teams – are a part of making that a reality.
We support working families via a range of family and caring friendly policies and will accommodate flexible working where we can. We value the health and wellbeing of our people: for example, we’re signatories to the Mindful Business Charter, have an active network of mental health champions and offer free initiatives and flexible benefits to all our people.
Being an inclusive employer is important to us. We have made a number of external commitments such as the Race Fairness Commitment and Women in Law Pledge, and are working with organisations like Stonewall to become a more inclusive employer.
Osborne Clarke is a Living Wage Employer, so we’re committed to paying everybody in our business enough to live on and to enable them to save for the future.
We want you to be able to show us your best during the recruitment process. If you require any adjustments to be made during the application, interview process or when working with us, please let us know.
Company: Osborne Clarke
Job Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A