OVO Jobs as Data Protection Manager at UnitedKingdom 2022
This Job Listing is about OVO in UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
We’re making zero carbon happen
We’re OVO Group, a big family of companies united by a single vision: to get to zero carbon, fast.
We call this Plan Zero – and it shows how we’ll be fighting the climate crisis and transforming the way people use energy over the next decade. To do this, we need the sharpest minds. Are you up for the challenge?
Do great green things with OVO Energy
So much has changed since we launched in 2009. Our goal remains the same though: make energy cheaper, greener, and simpler. Just as it was on day one.
Everyone belongs at OVO
Our aim is to build a diverse and inclusive movement: teams of brilliant people, with unique talents, skills, passions, and experiences.
We encourage everyone to join us, whatever your gender identity, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, life experience, or background. So please come as you are – we can’t wait to meet you.
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
As part of OVO’s Regulation & Compliance team, reporting to the Senior Data Protection Manager, this role is fundamental to operating an effective second line Compliance Function. You will ensure delivery of an excellent standard of data protection advice and oversight services across the OVO retail business, including creation and maintenance of policies, engaging with regulators, and ensuring regulatory commitments are managed to closure.
Much like OVO itself we believe things can be done differently – and better. We believe there’s more to life than “ticking-the-box” and being called only when something goes wrong. The Regulation and Compliance team are a supportive function and play a proactive role in the delivery of OVO’s vision and goals.
What will I be doing?
You will be working with the Senior Data Protection Manager as part of the Data Protection team, which is dedicated to the provision of advisory, oversight, horizon scanning and regulatory management for data protection across OVO Group. This includes providing expert advice, oversight and other activities which deliver a best in class approach to Data Protection risk management.
You will be working closely with senior management and various teams across OVO to:
- Ensure the OVO business is well supported in proactive and reactive data protection and compliance advice and support, including support for planned projects and change across the business;
- Manage regular data protection related tasks; including Data Protection Impact Assessments, ICO engagements, DPO complaints, and policy maintenance;
- When required, communicate, escalate and collaborate with the Senior Manager and teams such as Legal, Procurement, Information Security and the Media team in relation to data protection;
- Raise awareness throughout the organisation by supporting the Senior Manager in ongoing delivery of employee training, and driving behavioural change to foster a ‘privacy aware’ compliance culture;
- Support our separate Data Protection Operations team in the handling of data subject rights requests and complaints, and support all business units in complying with requirements relating to the retention and disposal of personal data;
- Manage a small team of Data Protection professionals; harnessing and developing talent to drive high performance
- Build strong internal stakeholder and business partner relationships with all relevant areas of the business
Is this the job for me?
OVO is a dynamic, innovative and fast-paced business that operates in a highly regulated industry where the rules are complex and constantly changing. In that environment it is essential that OVO compliance, legal & risk teams strike the perfect balance between technical precision and commercial agility.
Every team member therefore takes pride in applying commercial and constructive analysis, building strong relationships both within the business and externally, and ultimately being courageous in finding a way to achieve OVO’s vision and goals.
Although OVO is always willing to consider a wide range of candidates, as a guide the successful candidate is likely to have the following experience level and skills:
- Experience within a similar role in another organisation, where they are seen as the “go to” person for data protection expertise
- Subject matter expertise of GDPR associated regulations, and experience in practically applying those regulations in an innovative way
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively engage with stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
- Ability to translate complex legislation or legal advice into specific and clear business-focused guidance
- Ability to manage a team across multiple sites, set effective strategic goals and harness and develop talent
- Knowledge of IT systems, processes, and information security practices
- Data Protection specific qualifications a strong advantage (e.g. CIPP/E, CIPM, ISO Certifications)
Brilliant Benefits For a World-changing Team
Our people are at the heart of Plan Zero. That’s why we offer plenty of green benefits and progressive policies to make you feel at home.
For starters, you’ll get 34 days of holiday (including bank holidays).
Then there’s Flex Pay. It’s an extra 9% of your salary on top of your core pay to use as you like. You can take it as cash, add to your pension, or choose to spend it on a huge range of flex benefits.
Here’s a taster of what’s on offer:
For your health
With benefits like a healthcare cash plan or private medical insurance depending on your career level, critical illness cover, life assurance, health assessments, and more
For your wellbeing
With gym membership, gadget, travel and cyber insurance, workplace ISA, will writing services, DNA testing, dental insurance, and more
For your lifestyle
With extra holiday buying, discount dining, culture cards, tech loans, and supporting your favourite charities with give-as-you-earn donations
For your home
Get up to £300 off any OVO Energy plan (when you pay by Direct Debit), plus personal carbon offsetting and great discounts on smart thermostats and EV chargers
For your commute
Nab a great deal on ultra-low emission car leasing, plus our cycle to work scheme and public transport season ticket loans
Want to hear about our full range of flexible benefits and progressive people policies? Our People Team can tell you everything you need to know.
Oh, and one last thing…
We’d be thrilled if you tick off all our boxes yet we also believe it’s just as important we tick off all of yours. And if you think you have most of what we’re looking for but not every single thing, go ahead and hit apply. We’d still love to hear from you!