ICT Administrative Assistant in Pacific CommunitySPC Suva, Central, Fiji
Website Pacific CommunitySPC
This job listing is about Pacific CommunitySPC in Suva, Central, Fiji 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
- Attractive local package
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Join the principal development organisation in the Pacific region
The Pacific Community (SPC) is the principal scientific and technical organisation in the Pacific region, supporting development since 1947. We are an international development organisation owned and governed by our 27 country and territory members. In pursuit of sustainable development to benefit Pacific people, our organisation works across more than 25 sectors. We are known for our knowledge and innovation in such areas as fisheries science, public health surveillance, geoscience, and conservation of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture.
The Operations and Management Directorate (OMD) provides corporate services to all SPC divisions and programmes. It consists of three key teams: Finance, Human Resources and Information Services. OMD is focused on improving the effectiveness of systems, policies and management so as to provide high-quality customer-oriented services.
This ICT Administrative Assistant facilitates procurement, administration, financial and vendor management support to the ICT section in order to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of services.
The Key Responsibilities Of The Role Include
General Administration Support Services
- Provide support to the ICT Program Assistant on a range of administrative and financial services
Procurement, Finance and Asset Management Support
- Provide support to the ICT Program Assistant as required and during leave absences, on Procurement, Finance and Asset Management
Vendor Management Support
- Provide support to the ICT program Assistant to manage vendor relationships to ensure effective service delivery, improved customer satisfaction, reduced risk and continuous quality improvement
ICT Staff Travel Support and Conference Logistics Support
- Assist with arrangements for staff travel and assist with logistics for conferences in accordance with SPC travel policy and procedures.
Service Desk Support
- Provide Level 1 Service Desk support for IT related issues as directed by ICT Service Manager
For a more detailed account of the key responsibilities, please refer to the online job description.
Key selection criteria
- Diploma in Relevant ICT courses and/or diploma in business, administration or Secretarial studies
Knowledge And Experience
- At least 1-3 years’ experience in an ICT/administrative/financial support role
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work without supervision
- Excellent PC-based computer skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Office and use of the Internet
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure, with a team-oriented approach, to meet deadlines and achieve team goals
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
Interpersonal Skills And Cultural Awareness
- Ability to work in a multicultural, inclusive and equitable environment
Salary, terms and conditions
Contract Duration – Until 1 December 2025 – subject to renewal depending on funding and performance
Remuneration – The ICT Administrative Assistant is a Band 5 position in SPC’s 2022 salary scale, with a commencing taxable salary range of 1,520-1,901 per month, plus local staff benefits. An offer of appointment for an initial contract will normally be made in the lower half of this range, with due consideration given to experience and qualifications. Progression within the salary scale will be based on annual performance reviews.
Recruitment principles – SPC’s recruitment is based on merit and fairness, and candidates are competing in a selection process that is fair, transparent and non-discriminatory. SPC is an equal-opportunity employer, and is committed to cultural and gender diversity, including bilingualism, and will seek to attract and appoint candidates who respect these values. Due attention is given to gender equity and the maintenance of strong representation from Pacific Island professionals. If two interviewed candidates are ranked equal by the selection panel, preference will be given to the Pacific Islander.
Closing Date – 19 December 2022 at 11:59pm (Fiji time)
Job Reference: JR000091
Applicants must apply online at http://careers.spc.int/
Hard copies of applications will not be accepted.
For your application to be considered, you must provide us with:
- an updated resume with contact details for three professional referees
- a cover letter detailing your skills, experience and interest in this position
- responses to all screening questions
Your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed at shortlisting stage if all the above documents are not provided. Applicants should not attach copies of qualifications or letters of reference. Please ensure your documents are in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.
Only Fijian citizens are eligible to apply for this role.
SPC does not charge a fee to consider your application and will never ask for your banking or financial information during the recruitment process.
Screening Questions (maximum Of 2,000 Characters Per Question)
- Please describe how you have used Help Desk Systems (for example Service Now) to support your work as an ICT Administrative Assistant?
- The ICT Administrative Assistant is required to communicate effectively with customers and vendors. Please list your skills in this space and how it will add value to this role.
- What are some activities required to manage stock (asset) flow? Which tools have you used to manage this effectively?
Company: Pacific CommunitySPC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Suva, Central, Fiji
Application Deadline: N/A