Website Page Personnel
This listing is about Page Personnel in Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
About the job
- Friday to Sunday – 12:00pm till midnight|Leading eCommerce & Distribution firm – multiple sites throughout the UK
About Our Client
Page Personnel Logistics has exclusively partnered with a leading eCommerce firm in their search for a Warehouse Shift Manager based at their new start-up site, operating across a weekend shift pattern in Leicester.
On a daily basis the successful Warehouse Shift Manager (weekends) will report into the Site Manager during the week, but also being the most senior person on site throughout the weekend. You will also have responsibility for the following areas:
- Daily management of 50 operatives (incl agency staff)
- Managing costs and performance of the shift
- Lead and engage a team to drive excellent customer service
- Effective management of performance, conduct, absence, engagement and training and development of team members, holding people accountable to agreed departmental and company standards.
- Monitor KPI’s, identify and communicate associated actions and highlight areas for improvement such as:
- Basis managerial responsibility such as Return to works, appraisals, absence management
- Joint responsibility for continuous improvement within the warehouse – 5S
- Responsible for all health & safety across site and promoting a safe atmosphere in which to work.
Warehouse Shift Manager (weekends) hours of works for this role will be (or similar):
Friday – Sunday – 12:00pm till midnight
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Warehouse Shift Manager (weekends) position will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
- Ideally been involved in a new site start up
- Have managed 40+ people and 5+ team leaders previously in a Warehouse / Distribution environment.
- Have 3+ years people management experience.
- Have worked within an eCommerce / Fast paced / demanding environment previously.
- IOSH certified (desirable – at least an understanding or examples of being able to increase workplace efficiency and manage risk and resources)
- An understanding of 5S / Lean / Six Sigma would be advantageous but not essential.
- Be open to Continuous Improvement and Change Management ideas in an ever-changing business unit.
- Have a proven track record in people management, people development and performance management with tangible examples.
- Be commutable to Hinckley (Lutterworth, Leicester, Coventry, Rugby, Leicester, Nuneaton all commutable)
The successful candidate may have worked within a Warehouse Supervisor, Weekend Shift Manager, Shift Manager, Assistant Site Manager, Assistant Depot Manager, Operations Manager role previously.
What’s On Offer
- Salary – £30,000 – 33,000
- Fri-Sun | 12pm-12am
- Company Holiday scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- Plus additional company benefits
Contact: Mark Smith
Quote job ref: JN-092021-3596845
Company: Page Personnel
Job Location: Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com