Assistant Nutritionist -QUEHSSSP (Nationals only) in Partners In Health Kailahun, Eastern Province, Sierra Leone
Website Partners In Health
This job listing is about Partners In Health in Kailahun, Eastern Province, Sierra Leone 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Kailahun: (Jojoima CEMONC Centre)
Facility In charge
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change. Our delivered services in the field are based in our partnership with the Governments and Ministries of Health and the support to education, training and mentorship to Health care workers and students is one of our pillars for the Health care system strengthening.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Our Work In Sierra Leone
Partners In Health (PIH) began supporting the government of Sierra Leone in response to the Ebola epidemic in October 2014. Recognizing the large need for continued investments in the health system after Ebola, PIH is committed to long-term health system strengthening in support of the Ministry of Health and Sanitation (MOHS), guided by the same principles as our emergency response and our work around the world: public sector accompaniment, integrated and comprehensive services, social justice, nimbleness and flexibility, partnership, community ownership, and evidence-based interventions. In the aftermath of the epidemic, PIH is committed to supporting the delivery of comprehensive health services in Sierra Leone, from the community level to the health center and to referral hospitals.
PIH-Sierra Leone is supporting the Ministry of Health and Sanitation in the implementation of the five-year World Bank funded QEHSSSP health systems strengthening project that will implement a comprehensive Hub-and-Spoke approach in 5 districts in Sierra Leone through focused investments in staff, stuff, space, systems and nutrition.
Through the project, Partners in Health, in the leadership of Ministry of Health and Sanitation, will be supporting 3 health facilities in the district (Jojoima, Buedu and Bandajuma) through comprehensive health systems strengthening approaches to develop these sites as sites for comprehensive Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal, Child Adolescent Health and Nutrition services.
The positions will be based in one of the health facilities in Kailahun: Jojoima CHC, Buedu CHC or Yawei Bandajuma CHC
The assistant nutritionist will work under the supervision of facility in charge and will support in delivering high quality nutrition services to the patients. She/ he will also be responsible for monitoring the standards of food being provided at the birth waiting home. The incumbent will also be responsible for providing counselling on Maternal, Infant and young child nutrition and providing nutrition support to clients identified with under nutrition.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the standards and operational procedures regarding the delivery of nutrition services are adhered to.
- Collate individual and monthly reports on nutrition support provided through the facility.
- Monitor the availability and usage of food supplies and develop a system for reordering so as to avoid stock out of nutrition commodity
- To assist in maintaining dietetic standards and provide diet counselling to patients at the health facility.
- To monitor the standard of food being prepared at the birth waiting home.
- Provide counselling to clients on maternal, infant and young child feeding practices.
- Ensure appropriate nutrition specific behaviors are being promoted at the Postnatal wards and in the OPDs
- Support growth monitoring OPD and provide appropriate counselling to the mother.
- Identify patients with malnutrition or who are at high risk of malnutrition and link them with the nutrition support at the health facility.
- Support recording and reporting of nutrition related data to HMIS and to MEQ team.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Facility in charge.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment
At Partners In Health, we are committed to ensuring that those who benefit from our work- including our patients, families and community members – as well as our staff are treated with dignity and respect and protected from sexual exploitation, abuse and sexual harassment. A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Partners In Health’s PSEAH policy. Partner In Health will request information from applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- Diploma in Home Economics/Nutrition from recognized training school or institution.
- At least two years’ experience in service provision.
- A strong commitment to social justice and health as a human right is essential in all aspects of the leadership and management.
- The candidate should have a demonstrated ability to be flexible and effective in the face of unexpected challenges as well as the willingness to accept living in a remote place.
- Priority will be given to qualified candidates working as volunteers in the designated health facilities.
- Must not hold dual employment
We are a global health and social justice organization that responds to the moral imperative to provide high-quality health care globally to those who need it most. We strive to ease suffering by placing patients at the center of all care, bringing the benefits of modern medicine to all.
Method of application
Interested candidates are required to apply through our website: www.pih.org/employment. In your application, please ensure to include names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) referees not later than 12:00pm GMT (Midnight) on Wednesday 14th December 2022
Company: Partners In Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kailahun, Eastern Province, Sierra Leone
Application Deadline: N/A