This listing is about Pearson in Southampton, England, United Kingdom
About the job
About The Role
Our mission is to partner with schools to deliver learner progression. All students from the age of 5 through to 18+ have their own individual learner journeys. Alongside their teachers, Pearson can help them make the progression most appropriate to them whether onto Further or Higher Education onto Apprenticeships or directly into work. Through a consultative and collaborative sales approach, we support our school customers with the right choice of products and services for their learners.
The Partnership Manager role is to manage a defined group of customer accounts to deliver business growth. These accounts will be based on Multi Academy Trusts (MAT), Chains, Dioceses, Federations, Teaching Alliances and other large, organised consortia of schools across the 5-11 age range as well as single schools. They will also work with the Product Specialists/Curriculum Managers to build relationships with subject hubs in their area. Working with colleagues in the internal sales teams the Partnership Manager will lead on sales plans delivering customer value, learner progression and business growth.
- Growing profitable sales, driving sales effectiveness and efficiency
- Meet annual regional revenue goals and targets by building and maintaining a pipeline of MAT/School Groups/Single schools level purchase and retention opportunities across learning services that follow clearly defined strategies for accounts.
- Deliver year-on-year growth of accounts.
- The ability to achieve results and outcomes as a result of professional, well planned and executed messages aligned to strategy and always on brand
- Ability to analyse economic factors, industry trends and financial information to spot strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for improving financial performance.
- Use One CRM (Salesforce) effectively to capture interactions and pipeline and to aid priorisation.
- To Achieve targeted company and personal sales
- Building, maintaining and managing relationships with current and future customers at key stakeholder level within the MAT/GoS along with single schools
- Use the Pearson Applied Solution Selling (PASS) model to develop customers into opportunities
- Demonstrating depth and/ or breadth of product expertise in the 5-11 education market; providing expertise to various stakeholders.
- Apply appropriate sales tools to increase effectiveness at each stage
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the customers learning and growth strategies, values, challenges, internal priorities and apply that to account plans.
- Articulating the value of what you are selling in ways that are relevant to the customer and implementing the right strategy to engage and defeat the competition
- Deliver powerful sales presentations, communicate effectively and with gravitas to those stakeholders
- Takes time to understand changes in the market and communicate as appropriate
- Uses strong communication skills to not only influence customers, but also to develop a successful internal network
- Take ownership for personal development of skills, knowledge and experience
- Growth mindset
Required Skills And Experience
- The ability to leverage communication to change attitudes or behaviour by using written or spoken words to convey information in order to gain specific advantage, impact or outcome.
- Demonstrate collaborative attitude and behaviour consistent with team and organisational values as the matrix account structure will deliver the complete customer experience.
- – Strong sales competencies and presentation skills – Demonstrate, share, and inform best practice.
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Customer Focused
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Commitment & flexibility
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and skills, and an understanding of digital technologies
- Able to demonstrate the necessary skills and competencies to thrive in a sales environment selling complex solutions at a senior level (acquisition and retention)
- Field based and willingness to travel (80%) although we are currently working remotely so the ability to use video conferencing systems to conduct meetings
- Full UK driving licence
Your Reward & Benefits
We’ll expect a lot and we know you’ll do great work, so we give a lot back with some of the best benefits in the business. We know that one size doesn’t fit all, so our workplace programmes meet the different needs of our diverse teams and their families too. There is a range of options, too many to list here, but when you join our Pearson family you can look forward to:
- A starting holiday of 25 days plus UK public holidays and you’ll earn 1 additional day’s holiday per year you work with us.
- Generous pension scheme where we match and double what you contribute.
- Maternity, paternity, and family care leave as well as flexible work policies.
- Stock/share purchase options.
- Healthcare and dental plans, and an employee wellbeing assistance programme for you and your family to help balance work, family, and personal life.
- Cycle to work program, gym membership concessions in selected office locations, along with retail and leisure discounts.
Application process: To apply to the role, please submit an updated CV and cover letter. When submitting an application please also state your availability to interview remotely.
Contract duration: This is a term-time role with an expected start date of March 2022 (flexible to accommodate notice periods).
Role location : This is a remote field based role with requirement to travel. The expected areas are Brighton and Hove, Bromley, Croydon, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kingston upon Thames, Merton, Portsmouth, Richmond upon Thames, Southampton, Surrey, Sutton, West Sussex
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com. Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Organization: Assessment & Qualifications
Req ID: 1180
Job Location: Southampton, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org