This listing is about PharmiWebJobs in Coventry, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Based in Coventry – Full time position – Monday to Friday and up to 3 days working from home
Our client is a small specialised division working within a large global organisation who are now seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join a small team involved in automotive electric vehicle design and development and predominantly involved in the development and testing of low-level functions for the battery management system (BMS) product, using a TMS processor and RTOS.
- Write C-code to implement assigned requirements for drivers and safety features of the TMS570 processor family.
- Implement safety related features of SafeRTOS according to safety requirements.
- Support the software team with creating new drivers/blocks in Simulink and associated test equipment.
- C-code created should follow both industry and in-house coding standards/guidelines.
- Implement and execute unit tests on software using industry standard tools.
- Run static analysis tools and correct reported issues.
- Bug identification, reporting and fixing.
- Writing documentation for all code produced.
- Use of a version control system to manage software versions (SVN)
- Support software team with other products/drivers as and when needed.
- Issue resolution; both independently and as part of a team.
- Manage time between multiple assigned tasks/work packages and be able to succinctly report progress in project meetings.
- Support lead software engineer with creating design documents for low level C-Code.
- Strong C-coding skills ideally using the Texas Instruments TMS (Microchip PIC/dsPIC would also be useful but not essential).
- Experience with Free-RTOS (ideally safeRTOS) -essential.
- Experience with MISRA C coding guidelines – essential.
- Experience with auto-code generation in Simulink and TLC files.
- Experience of iso-26262 and/or V-model development lifecycle (developing code to set requirements, unit testing, code coverage etc).
- Must work well in a team environment, but also able to problem solve by themselves.
- Experience with version control systems (SVN, GIT) is also very important.
- Experience with CAN, UDS, XCP implementation.
- Ideally experience of working on high-integrity systems/software.
- A motivated, determined, and driven individual with a hunger to work in a fast-paced environment.
- An excellent understanding of engineering first principles.
- Has the ability to learn new things at a fast pace.
- Enjoys both working independently as well as being part of a small team.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written.
- Self-motivated individual, who is thorough, adaptable, creative, and innovative.
- Possess the courage to challenge and have the desire to be challenged, to expand your technical knowledge and skills.
- Software Engineering or related degree.
If you are interested and feel you have the right skills or wish for a confidential discussion then please apply to this role.
Job Location: Coventry, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com