Technical Supervisor (Contract) in PlayStation Canada
This job listing is about PlayStation in Canada 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Technical Supervisor (Contract)
This is a 12-month contracted position through our staffing partner Eastridge with a high likelihood of extension.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to PlayStation Studios. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry’s best minds and companies. You will work with our multi-award winning team while working with AAA Worldwide Studios like Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio, San Diego Studio, Guerrilla Games, and more!
We are looking for a Technical Supervisor to join our development team where you will be responsible for the planning, set up, and maintenance of our technical pipeline on all projects including environment management, workflow tools, and automation.
You will lead a team of technical artists to ensure all project needs are met, write tools for our artists for a variety of software packages, troubleshoot technical issues that arise, and ensure the quality of our final product. Our Technical Art Department works with both our art and engineering teams to help provide communication cohesion between the groups.
This position requires experience and understanding of visual effects pipelines, extensive experience with Autodesk Maya software, and strong python programming skills.
- Working with clients and internal teams to set up project technical pipelines, primarily for Maya art and animation, and game engine integration.
- Setting up and maintaining project specific environments and automation.
- Learning and supporting varying client working environments, assets, and tools.
- Writing, maintaining, and customizing internal tools for production team.
- Building and maintaining technical documentation.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in a branch of visual effects (film, game dev, tv, etc) with previous experience leading or supervising a team.
- Excellent knowledge of Maya with general knowledge of Maya rigging
- Strong Python programming skills and experience with PyQt/Pyside.
- Experiencing developing or maintaining project pipeline tools and system environments.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to creatively solve problems.
- Knowledge of or experience with game engines such as Unreal, Unity, or proprietary engines.
Nice to Have:
- Motionbuilder experience.
- Experience with other programming languages, especially C++.
- Experience with perforce and/or git.
- Experience with project management and tracking software (such as Shotgun).
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canada
Application Deadline: N/A