This listing is about Potato in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
We’re looking for a Product Lead to work with Potato’s product development team and our growing client portfolio.
About the role:
Our Product Leads work directly with Potato clients to realise their product vision, craft a strategy around their business objectives, prioritise a roadmap, and capture and iterate on their requirements in order to build successful products.
Internally, Product Leads work directly with Delivery Leads, Designers, and Developers to communicate the needs of Potato clients and work together to develop the best possible outcomes for them.
Product Leads are looking to create further opportunities to grow our client’s products, and in turn, understand how that can help Potato’s business.
Potato Product Leads need to be flexible in their ability to context switch between client-facing and team-facing, in order to implement and execute a co-created strategy and achieve desired outcomes.
As we do at Potato, you should believe in building products with purpose, utilising the right technology and good human-centred design to improve lives. You should thrive in small, agile teams of smart problem solvers who are passionate about creating products.
You should have a passion for product development, and use that passion to build a close working relationship with clients and stakeholders to show them what good products can do for their business and customers.
You should be familiar with guiding clients and stakeholders through crafting vision, strategy, roadmaps, prioritisation and other core Product Management competencies that they might not otherwise be familiar with.
You should be a people motivator, rallying product development teams behind a vision and roadmap, helping bring purpose and understanding to their work.
You must have:
- Proven experience working in software product management, ideally on products from early-stage to mid-maturity
- Previous experience creating, designing, and facilitating product discovery workshops
- Strong interpersonal skills, you will be directly communicating with a broad variety of Potato clients and prospects – and responsible for driving their outcomes
- Strong storytelling, communication, and presentation skills that demonstrate the ability to break down complex problems into quick to understand concepts, and increase education and understanding across different audiences
- Ability to execute independently, driving yourself and the team toward objectives you identify and set with Potato clients
- Previous agency experience as a Product Lead, Product Manager, or similar discipline
- Previous experience, or interest in, conducting user research and synthesising findings
- Previous experience working with or for startups, mid-size, and enterprise-level clients
- Previous experience pitching proposals, ideas, and/or approaches to executives
- Previous experience shaping and negotiating proposals to clients, including the creation of cost and effort estimates
- Ability to understand, break-down, and communicate technical problems for non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding and experience in agile, scrum, kanban, lean design and development approaches
- Strong passion for Product Excellence
Working shoulder-to-shoulder with some of the best engineers, designers and delivery leads in town, we’ll give you the freedom to manage your own work and trust you to get things done. Want to work from home? Go for it. Need to unwind with a game of pool? All good. Ultimately, we just want to make sure that you have everything you need to help us build the best products possible.
You’ll have many opportunities for growth and learning: collaboration within teams, rotation to different products, experimentation on internal tools, involvement in new business and pitching, our Potato Talks events, mentorship, training courses, and conferences.
We want to make our hiring as inclusive as possible, this job description has been reviewed by a range of employees and has passed a neutral language check. We have also reviewed our hiring process to make sure it offers flexibility to candidates that need it.
We’re trying to do better and would love your feedback. If you think there’s anything we could improve, or places you think we should advertise, then please let us know.
We welcome remote applications within the UK. We already have people in London, Bristol, Leeds, Portsmouth, and Bury St Edmunds.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A