Website Princes Limited
This listing is about Princes Limited in Long Sutton, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Job Title: Team Leader
To drive, lead and offer technical support to the Manufacturing line. Optimising all aspects of their area of control to achieve site target KPIs for; health and safety, process safety, quality and OEE, whilst delivering and developing a continuous improvement culture across the site.
Operates as a line leader with responsibility for all aspects of performance of a clearly defined area. Manages a small number of people. Proactively drives best practices and improvements. Typically will be a member of a team operating on a 3 shift system.
Lead part of a team responsible for the delivery of planned production through production/packing lines and deliver operational excellence through disciplined execution driven from the Princes Manufacturing System.
The key challenges faced will be to ensure guidelines are adhered to for product & process safety, the materials supply, changeovers, and organization of labour on the line; do not impact on overall line performance. (OEE) or (RFT) and the utilisation of the lines.
To analyse potential problems and to take appropriate action to remedy any shortfall in performance, seeing actions through to completion/implementation.
Consistently achieves agreed targets and KPIs i.e. safety, Product safety & waste, quality, labour productivity, OEE and RFT.
Consistently organises and plans for production & Ops maintenance
Builds positive relationships with good morale and cooperation within their team and other areas of the business
Principal Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Health & Safety & Environment
- Ensure all staff are; Aware of the hazards in the workplace.
- Ensure risk assessments and SOPS are available and in place.
- Understand content of risk assessments sufficiently to monitor and ensure recommendations are being followed.
- Immediately resolves all unsafe acts and conditions through to a safe conclusion.
- Understands own and others health & safety responsibilities as laid down within the Princes Foods Health and Safety Responsibilities for Managers and Supervisors guidelines and other statutory acts and regulations.
- Encourages team members to submit near miss reports.
People Management & Development
- Continuously monitors progress against set targets and gives constructive feedback to team.
- Manages people through the agreed company policies and procedures.
- Trains and develops team (including new starters) via regular training, coaching and mentoring.
- Promotes team working by encouraging involvement from all employees.
- Ensures labour is planned to meet production / logistic demands.
Production / Logistics
- Ensure authorised SOPS are available and used to achieve standardisation of tasks / activities.
- Operates to the agreed manufacturing / logistic plan.
- Ensure all the team understand and work to required Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Supports equipment and material trials and ensures all settings and procedures are documented.
- Gathers data and uses it to identify opportunities for improvement and waste reduction.
- Ensure breakdown improvement actions are implemented.
- Works with engineering to deliver effective maintenance programme.
- Ensure all the team understand and work to required quality standards.
- Ensures all paperwork is completed in accordance to site quality standards.
- Promotes and delivers a Right First Time mentality.
- Assigned quality actions are managed through to completion.
- Attend agreed monthly, weekly, daily meetings with appropriate preparation.
- Build strong effective working relationships with colleagues within and across other functions.
- Carries out effective shift handovers.
Working with Others
Leading Self & Others
Delivering Results through others
Problem Solving and Decision Making
Food Safety Level 2.
Health & Safety Level 2
Ready to get started?
Ready to get started?
Company: Princes Limited
Job Location: Long Sutton, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com