This job listing is about Amazon in Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com that provides a broad set of infrastructure services including computing power, storage options, networking and databases available on demand. We are the leader in cloud computing and our pioneers are embracing innovation, building the future, and making history!
The Data Centre Service Procurement (DCSP) team wish to recruit a Procurement Category Manager.
Amazon is seeking a motivated and data-driven category manager to support the EMEA data center operations space. The candidate should have strong supply chain and procurement skills, analytical and financial acumen, communication capabilities and a hands-on passion to dive-deep into processes used in our data center operations network. Additionally, candidate must have proven skills in managing large-scale supply chain and procurement improvement projects.
As a Category Manager, you will create and implement sourcing strategies within the Design Engineer and M&E Services category and collaborate with internal business partners and suppliers to drive efficiencies, reduce risks, and costs for Amazon. You will develop mechanisms and metrics to hold suppliers accountable for performance and delivery. You will drive results through methods that include competitive bidding, negotiating, and analysing data and market trends for your category.
The ideal candidate thinks long term, drives multiple initiatives, communicates appropriately and influences customers and suppliers at all levels. You will be collaborative, but also work with significant autonomy. To be successful in this role you will be highly analytical; think strategically and globally; exhibit curiosity and learning drive; have a sense of urgency to meet customer timelines, succeed in a fast-paced environment; and have a high level of customer focus and business judgement. It will be critical to embrace and model Amazon’s Leadership Principles and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
A Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate
- Proven experience driving large-scale process improvements resulting in measurable value
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Demonstrated ability to influence teams to adopt change utilizing smart technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where ambiguity exists and continuous innovation is desired
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
- Demonstrated analytical, financial and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
- Ability to see ahead comprehensively and devise a strong plan of action, and ensure execution happens on time, every time
- Ability to get things done and produce conclusive, measurable results within time commitments
- Strong data analysis and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years’ experience in the Construction industry in a Procurement organization performing vendor management, contract management, negotiating complex purchases, and bidding
- Demonstrated ability as a Project Manager who can prioritize workload and manage complex projects within cost and schedule
- Experience in delivering innovative construction projects
- Strong business judgement, instincts, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly proficient in MS Office and Visio
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to overcome obstacles and deliver results
- Approximately 10% travel is required.
- Masters degree in Business, Procurement & Supply chain or relevant business discipline.
- Experience in data centres, engineering or construction companies
- Ability to communicate and report on market intelligence data, including commodity trends and labour indexes
- Demonstrated success in driving strategies and analysing market trends
- Developing market intelligence to communicate across the organization
- Experience with creating Procurement systems and tools
- Proven ability to implement category strategies globally
- Proven ability to deep dive and develop innovative ideas for process challenges
Amazon is a committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Company – Amazon DS Ireland Limited
Job ID: A2184548
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland
Application Deadline: N/A