Program Manager, Migration Program, Aruba in Pan American Development Foundation Oranjestad, Aruba
Website Pan American Development Foundation
This job listing is about Pan American Development Foundation in Oranjestad, Aruba 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) believes in creating a hemisphere of opportunity, for all. We work across Latin America and the Caribbean to make our region stronger—more healthy, peaceful, just, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable for current and future generations. For nearly 60 years, we have served the most vulnerable communities, investing resources throughout the hemisphere. We partner with and enable civil society, governments, and the private sector for the greater good of the region.
The Pan American Development Foundation is recruiting a new Program Manager for its Aruba office to assist in implementing in the implementation of a State Department/PRM funded program directed at assisting Venezuelan migrants and refugees in Aruba.
Reporting to the Project Director, the Program Manager is required to perform various tasks and assignments, including administration, communication and outreach, proposal development, and other assigned tasks. In addition, the Program Manager will conduct selected research assignments, depending on the overall program and new business priorities. The Program Manager will work closely with the Project Director to support day-to-day project implementation of activities and provide technical input to participant organizations. This position will be based in Oranjestad, Aruba, and will have a duration of one year. Key responsibilities will include:
- Support all program management efforts, including report writing and budget tracking of program activities and outputs.
- Manage internal PADF program administrative procedures; ensure compliance with PADF policies and procedures.
- Assist with the review and analysis of documents and information received from partners and/or field teams.
- Liaise with other programs, finance, and administrative teams within the organization and contribute to the organization’s overall inter-departmental effectiveness.
- Assist in ensuring that all program documentation is current and complete.
- Maintain program tracking documentation and databases.
- Support projects as needed with correspondence, research, and other tasks as assigned.
- Act as a point of contact in the ground with the HQ team, partners, other implementing organizations, and donors when needed.
- Assist to actively track sub-partners performance, provide feedback, guidance, and assistance as needed to ensure proper program implementation.
- Support proposal development processes as needed.
- Travel to projects in Curaçao as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Organization skills: Demonstrated organization skills and ability to structure large quantities of information and data. Ability to plan own work, set priorities, complete them in a timely manner, face competing demands.
- Effective communication: Ability to communicate effectively with participants from a various backgrounds. Strong interpersonal and communications skills and ability to interact with individuals from diverse cultures. Exceptional writing skills to effectively prepare.
- Analytical skills: Superior file management and numerical skills clear and concise reports, strategies, and/or proposals. Ability to think clearly and analytically. Strong analytic skills and ability to respond quickly and efficiently to requests.
- Strategic thinking: Excellent time management skills, efficiently managing multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to provide a strategic view of the overall portfolio and identify synergies amongst partners, projects, and possible new initiatives.
- Openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to interact with staff at headquarters, the country office and PADF partners, and maintaining and supporting a positive work environment.
- Flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn from others.
- Commitment to program excellence and to confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- BA/BS degree in international relations, political science, public policy, economics, or related field required. Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required, Dutch is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in international development, disaster management, democracy, human rights, or related field (or at least six years without a Master’s degree).
- Experience with grant coordination, financial tracking, or monitoring and evaluation required.
- Experience managing relationships with international donors, including the U.S. Government, bilateral donors, foundations, etc.
- Experience (or working knowledge) with Migration and Refugees programs in the region particularly programs implemented by organizations such as DOS/PRM, UNHCR, etc.
- Experience working with local communities, civil society organisations, and government institutions is highly desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
More About PADF
PADF is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established by the Organization of American States (OAS) in 1962.
PADF’s core values “H-E-A-R-T” = Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork.
Diversity. PADF is strong because we are diverse. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. PADF does not discriminate based on ability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity. Our employees include people who are parents and nonparents, the self-taught and university educated, and from a wide span of cultures, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, and perspectives on the world.
Company: Pan American Development Foundation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oranjestad, Aruba
Application Deadline: N/A