Project Director (m/f/d) in Novartis in Slovenia Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Website Novartis in Slovenia
This job listing is about Novartis in Slovenia in Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
The Mengeš site is the only industrial center for modern biotechnological production of biologics and biosimilars in Slovenia. We started building our story 15 years ago, and today we are facing a new challenge, the establishment of a new production unit in Ljubljana, which will connect the whole story from the production of biologics to the production of the final biologic.
We are looking for a new team member in the management team. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Director with a good knowledge of sterile product manufacturing, who is looking to broaden their range of experience and who has a passion for setting up and developing a new manufacturing unit, The primary focus of this role is on the responsibility for building and commissioning a new aseptic manufacturing facility, assembling a multi-disciplinary team and setting up all the processes and procedures required to produce finished products in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
Your key responsibilities:
- Investment project management, matrix management of the entire local cross-functional project team (users, engineering, construction, other).
- Substantive management of the entire project lifecycle (including technology transfer and GMP production).
- Managing a team of experts in a matrix organization and driving successful delivery in terms of quality, cost and time.
- Design, establish and maintain an effective risk assessment, problem solving and decision-making process at local project level in line with project needs and timeframes.
- Design and maintain comprehensive project documentation including project timeline, project plan, risk overview and KPIs in close collaboration with the Global Project Manager.
- Manage project resource requirements, including associated governance, systems and processes, to monitor and report on progress, facilitating the management of competing priorities, dependencies and escalations in close collaboration with functions.
- Identifying needs within the local scope of the project. Presenting proposals to the global or local project team for rapid progress (in line with the decision line).
- Managing annual budget planning, monthly performance and business updates for the project team while ensuring robust processes are in place to monitor and improve business performance, timeliness and results. Ensuring coordination of financial tasks in close collaboration with global project managers and the financial planning department.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you will bring to the role:
- University diploma in science, technology or business. Ph.D.desirable.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry, preferably in functions with exposure to CMC development and GMP of pharmaceuticals
- Professional knowledge in biotechnology, GMP and regulatory requirements
- Strong project management and leadership track record
- Advanced communication skills; motivates colleagues and co-workers
- Experience in investment projects at manufacturing plant is a plus
- English – fluent in reading, writing and speaking. Site language desirable.
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Flexible working schedule, tailored to your needs, possibility to work from home, Pension scheme, Employee Recognition Scheme, Expanded program for the promotion of health in the field of physical, mental and social well-being (Energized for Life), employment at Top SI Employer, Unlimited learning and development opportunities.
We offer permanent employment, with 6 months of probation period.
You are kindly invited to submit your application in English language, including CV by 15th of December 2022.
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what’s possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Novartis is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis Technical Operations
Company: Novartis in Slovenia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Application Deadline: N/A