Shift Supervisor in Puma Energy Walvis Bay, Erongo Region, Namibia
Website Puma Energy
This job listing is about Puma Energy in Walvis Bay, Erongo Region, Namibia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
The Shift Supervisor is accountable for the efficient and economic storage and handling and maintenance operation of the Fuel Depot. In particular:
- Supervise daily operation and ensure safe and efficient receipt, storing and handling of product. Lead and directs the Depot operations team in the fields of Health, Safety, Environment and Security in order to ensure adherence to legislation and Company policy.
- Builds a culture of operational excellence in the field by providing supervision, motivation, coaching and mentoring.
- Relentlessly implement HSSE measures and practices as outlined in the HSSE Management system. Safeguard HSSE requirements as a personal value to ensure HSSE is promoted in terms of both actions and decisions and to prevent accidents and harm to people or the environment.
- Maintain operational performance measures, having periodic reviews and coaching to optimize results or to effect consequences where needed.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Health Safety and Environment (HSE)
Champions HSSE as a personal value to ensure HSSE is promoted in terms of both actions and decisions and to prevent accidents and harm to people or the environment Adheres to process safety practices and procedures (as documented) so that incidents may be prevented and/or mitigated via the identification, assessment and understanding of both minor and major hazards in terms of plant, process & people. Conduct routine Safety inspections at Terminal level as required. Always Promote safety awareness by reporting incidents and accidents on time as required by Incidents reporting protocol. Assist Assistant Depot Manager and Depot Manager in enforcing the Safety Measures and Practices Participate in periodic safety drills and maintain safety critical equipment in good condition
Implement business plan for the Operations function (Supervising and controlling the operation of the Terminal, including receipt, storage, handling and distribution of bulk products in a safe and cost-effective manner) and provides required management information on a timely and accurate basis. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for the total supervision and control of Terminal activities in the field and ensures office related activities are completed. Conduct Terminal routine inspections and random checks including Task Observations Participate in Terminal audits as and when required Analyses and implements methods, systems and practices to improve Terminal operating efficiency and reduce costs, ensuring always the company’s reputation and license to operate is maintained by complying with the relevant legislation and safety requirements. Maintain a culture of operational excellence throughout the storage operations and ensures full implementation of company policies and procedures Reports on any issues that may have impact on the operations (both positive and negative). Conduct Quality Inspections on bulk products before and after tankship discharge, tankers loading and on daily basis as required by the operating procedures. Ensure that Control of Work system is always maintained and adhered to in the Terminal.
- Maintains strict quality and quantity controls on stocks and deliveries including losses/gainse-grades and continually monitors the stock ownership position.
- Safeguard operational standards to ensure Operating Budget is met.
- Monitor and control financial and operational performance against targets, providing the required management information to the Team leader. This includes Terminal annual operational budgets and maintenance budget
Leads, motivates and coaches the team to deliver outstanding performance on HSSE, Financial, People Measures and Operating Standards. Sets performance contracts for operators, conducts quarterly reviews and implements measures to optimize performance. Maintain an enabling environment that promotes and recognizes individual and team efforts and develops the skills and capabilities of the team. Ensures that all staff has clear accountabilities particularly in respect to SAPS (Safety Management System). Manage career development and succession plans for Operators. Selects, develops and manages relationships with contractors and third party suppliers to ensure effective working practices and performance. Maintains staff competency assessment and development records.
Maintaining relationships with other Fuel Depots and with oil companies regarding product supply and demand as required. Maintain relationships with Rail Authorities, Port Authorities, Customs, Contractors and Suppliers affected and affecting the business. Works closely with other business units within the company, understanding implications of broad decisions, and successfully implementing Terminal initiatives to achieve operational excellence.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12
- Relevant Tertiary education in Logistics, Operations Management or Engineering-related fields
- Minimum 3 years Supervisory experience. Experience within the petroleum industry will be an added advantage.
- Possess a sound knowledge and on the job experience in Production Environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Safety Management systems.
- Sound knowledge of business processes including operating procedures, supply chain and logistics.
- Ability to work with diverse teams.
- Ability to work under minimal Supervision.
- Valid driver’s license
- Computer Skills is required. Proficiency in MS Office is desired.
- Good Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Relationship Skills
- Planning, Organizing and Controlling Skills
The incumbent must possess a good command of English both written and spoken
- HSSE Management
- Site Operations Management
- Change Management
- Fuel Product Quality Knowledge
- Leading People
- Performance Bias
- Partnership and Teamwork
- Wise Decisions Making
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Internal – Assistant Terminal Manager, Terminal Manager, HSE Coordinator, Stocks Controllers, HR Manager, Operators, Operations Manager, Inventory Manager, Finance Manager, Accountants.
- External – Contractors, Agents (Marine), Suppliers, Port Authority, Internal / External Auditors, Oil Companies, Rail Authorities
Company: Puma Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Walvis Bay, Erongo Region, Namibia
Application Deadline: N/A