PwC UK Jobs as Head of Site Reliability Engineering at Leeds,England,UnitedKingdom 2022
Website PwC UK
This Job Listing is about PwC UK in Leeds,England,UnitedKingdom 2022 posted on jobz2day.com
About the job
Be it support with regulation, risk or compliance, Operate delivers. Human-led and tech-powered, it is the backbone of PwC’s unique approach to operational delivery – Execution Managed Services. Harnessing the power of tech and data, we work with some of the most recognisable organisations worldwide, wherever they need us to be. We deliver sustained outcomes through our managed solutions, as well as transforming and running complex operational processes that often create challenges or hinder client progress. Underpinning all of this is our commitment to ensuring our people are equipped with tomorrow’s skills to drive success for our clients today.
About The Team
Operate Digital is the central function that creates and runs technology. We also transform the way our clients use technology in delivering assets to our clients across a wide range of business processes. Working with industry leading, alliance partners across architecture, development, and multiple other technologies, we interact with all technology platforms and provide tangible technology delivery at scale.
A Head of Site Reliability Engineering is required to join the new Cloud Managed Services function within PwC Operate with accountability for creating this new team and setting it up for success. The Head of Site Reliability Engineering is accountable for all aspects of SRE within Operate Digital with a core focus on collaboration with project delivery teams to ensure the solution is stable and operable in readiness to transition into production. Bringing to life having automatic systems not just automation, as the head of this team this is your opportunity to build this capability in the right way for future success in a multi cloud environment.
- Build & lead the Site Reliability Engineering team. Inspiring, nurturing and developing your team and being a key role model within cloud managed services
- Setting up Site Reliability Engineering function along with other functions within Cloud Managed Services
- Lead on enhancement projects to ensure delivery is to time, cost and quality. Drive the strategy and goals for a new site reliability engineering organisation, enabling them to partner with the wider teams within Operate Digital
- Partner with application engineering teams to prioritise reliability focused changes either based around observability tooling or application resiliency
- Grow a highly-skilled, self-organising group of managers, gaining fantastic exposure to scaling a tech organisation at a unique pace, be accountable for maintaining and scaling our systems which support current and future client needs.
- Maintain a positive learning environment and act as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders,Own the improvement and implementation of processes and values that scale effectively
- Proven operational engineering leadership skills, within enterprise organisations
- Background in DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, or Production Engineering. Deep knowledge of cloud service providers, micro services, distributed systems, containerized services, and/or serverless architectures and technology operations
- Experience collaborating and problem solving with senior technical and non-technical stakeholders. Desire to be hands-on while being a senior leader of a tech function. Proven understanding or experience of running production estates
- Good understanding of ITIL and service management processes, A critical view; always looking for ways to further improve your own and our team’s efforts.
- An analytical mindset with an intrinsic sense of curiosity; being able to see the bigger picture and wanting to understand how things are working at all levels of the system.
- Experience delivering in an ITIL environment . Experience of agile delivery methods and also experience of DevOps & cloud practices across major public cloud providers
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The Skills We Look For
In addition to our global framework, the PwC Professional, there are a number of key Operate behaviours you’ll be evaluated against during our assessment process. You can read about these here.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
Automated decision making
Some elements of our application process may utilise automated decision making. This will be based on responses on your application form or from your assessment test results. For more information please see our privacy statement.