Cost Controller in Radisson Hotel Group Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
Website Radisson Hotel Group
This job listing is about Radisson Hotel Group in Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Position : Cost Controller
Reporting : Asst. Financial Controller / Financial Controller
Do you have a keen eye for detail? Are you the unsung hero who can keep the house running like clockwork? Then why not come and join us at the Radisson Hotel Group to Make Every Moment Matter! Where our guests can relax and enjoy their stay!
Our Hotel Team are conscientious and diligent individuals who strive to deliver a hospitality experience that is beyond expectation – creating memorable moments for our guests.
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Examines all food and beverage invoices, verifying quantities ordered and received against the food order sheets and purchase orders including price.
- Verifies food and beverage invoices on a selective basis and occasionally spot checks invoice unit costs to match them with the market quotation or agreed price.
- Ensures that all items requisitioned are properly accounted for by observing the requisitioning process.
- Reviews total food and beverage requisitions for pricing and extension accuracy.
- Prepare Daily Flash Food & Beverage Cost report and distribute to the concern department.
- Prepare Menu Engineering report and distribute to the concern department for review.
- Maintains liquor storeroom perpetual inventory.
- Works with the Executive Chef to co-ordinate tracking of high-cost items in the food area
- Reconciles all food, beverage and other costs deviations between requisitioned costs and physical inventory cost on a monthly basis.
- Update menu costs quarterly for all outlets and meal periods in FMC including actual yielding.
- Observes storeroom and kitchen inventory procedures and takes action when necessary
- Supervises and assists in taking physical inventories of all food and beverage
- Performs closing duties relevant to the accounting of the food and beverage department
- Debits miscellaneous food cost deductions to proper ledger accounts and credits food and beverage cost accounts so that both sides balance
- Prepares preliminary food and beverage cost report to summarize purchases
- Prepares menu potentials by developing and compiling accurate menu abstracts
- Develops potential cost of sales and future menu pricing adjustments with the Food and Beverage Manager
- Checks merchandise received daily to determine that it conforms to weight, trim, and count specifications
- Tests for suitable quality and accurate menu pricing by performing yield tests of specific products
- Works closely with Food and Beverage Manager to develop menu pricing of food and beverage products
- Reviews daily food production as it relates to cover forecasts to make sure that it is according to plan
- Supports a safe hotel by applying hotel regulations, and adhering to existing laws and regulations
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and takes action to prevent them from happening
- Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct
- Prepare event Profit & Loss (P&L), Monthly Cost Summary Report, FOC Tracking, Menu Engineering, PAR Stock, Show moving items, Inventory Turnover, Spoilage etc.
- Strong knowledge of material control system (FMC).
FMC (Fidelio Material Control System) mandatory for the position
Minimum Bachelor Degree in Accounting / Hotel Management
Minimum two years experience as Cost Controller in 4 Star or 5 Star international chain hotels.
Join us in our mission to make every moment matter for our guests and be part of the most inspired hotel company in the world. At Radisson Hotel Group we believe that people are our number one asset. As one of the world’s largest hotel companies, we are always looking for great people to join our team. If this sounds like an ambition you share, then start with us.
To find out more about the Radisson Hotel Group, our Culture and Beliefs, then why not visit us at careers.radissonhotels.com.
Company: Radisson Hotel Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
Application Deadline: N/A